Chapter 7- Green Eyes

****PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT!***

Note: Here's a longer chapter for you guys. I had fun writing this but my heart broke as well. You'll know why after you've read everything. I promise. Haha.

 Dedicated to Ms. Vannie. One of the most awesome people who bought my book 'The Billion-Dollar Marriage Contract" we met-up and chatted for close to 3 hours. Thanks so much for being my newest friend! :)

**********************************

CHAPTER 7- GREEN EYES

The Barren Fields
Outside Hades’ Palace
The Underworld

-Hera-

“Mother, why me?” Hephaestus asked.

He wrapped my arm around his shoulders to steady me. Aerith did the same with my other arm before we started to walk.

I looked back and clashed into blue eyes that were filled with so much pain and rage. My chest constricted and it was as if all the air was sucked out of the room. Tears filled my eyes and blurred my vision further but I blinked them away. I looked away and we started to walk.

“Remember when we had that drink after the games? The time with Thanatos when no one saved us? I know the pain and I cannot let you go through that again, my son,” I replied.

“But... father—“

“No. It’s over between us. And no this is not for revenge. I know a lot of the other demigods and nymphs will save him. I don’t care. But you... My son... Who will save you?” I whispered. Every word was an effort to utter as the chimera’s poison raced through my system.

 “Mother—“

“Stop it Hephaestus. I don’t want to talk about it anymore,” I hissed.

Hephaestus nodded but his lips pursed in a tight line. I know that look. It meant that this discussion was not over for him. But for me, it was.

I don’t wish to talk about it. I don’t wish to recall those blue eyes I loved so much filled with pain. But this was my choice, was it not? This was the path I wanted to tread and no matter what dangers and temptations are in that path, I must stay strong.

Hephaestus cleared his throat to speak but Aerith shushed him. From the corner of my eye, I saw movement and I tensed. But when I turned my head, it was only Thanatos and Aurea. Aurea cried with glee and wrapped her arms around her lover as he exited the small room. Then, the two kissed like lovers that were parted for a long, long time...

I couldn’t help but grin.

At least one of us had his happy ending. I am so glad for him that everything worked out for the mysterious god of Death. I hope his days are filled with more happiness and that he gets the eternity that he deserved with Aurea.

“Hades!” Aerith shouted. It jolted me away from my thoughts and back to the present. She looked at me and I removed my arm from her shoulders.

“Go!” I shouted.

“What about you?” she asked hesitantly.

“We’ll be safe here. I know the exit to the maze is near. I can feel the change in the air. I’ll try to walk and you get Hades. We’ll meet you near the exit. We can still win this game together,” I replied.