Chapter twenty-four: Trade ya

"I don't want to go back home." I pout as Jimmy packs our clothes.

"Two weeks isn't enough for you?" He smirks.

"No." I answer. "I want you all to myself."

"Who says you'll be sharing me?" He asks, turning to look at me.

"Work outs, team workouts, training camp, OTA's, all of those." I say and see him chuckle.

"You act like you're not going to be there." He points out making me feel like an idiot.

"We can't act like this there." I remind him.

"Like what?" He asks. I get up and reach up to kiss him.

"Like this." I whisper centimeters away from his lips.
"Oh man, what about in the cafeteria?" He asks looking down at my lips.

"No." I shake my head.

"My locker?"

"No." I laugh.

"My car?" He smirks, making me laugh loudly.

"We're not sneaking around, but only at my house or your house."

"So we're sneaking around?" He asks with a small smile.

"Well, everyone knows we're together, so no, but we'll keep it professional." I maintain.

"Okay baby, I'll keep it professional, I don't know if you'll be able to though." He teases.

"And why's that?" I ask.

"Where are your hands right now?" He asks and I realize that I am indeed grabbing his ass...this is going to be hard.

—-

Setting foot in my house feels weird, my mom and Dani moved out so it's finally all mine. I call my dad but he doesn't answer. Jimmy dropped me off 10 minutes ago and I want to call him already. I'm a clingy girl, but I don't want to scare him off.

I unpack the clothes from my luggage and laugh at what I bought to live off of for two weeks. I wouldn't change it for the world though. Jimmy and I learned a lot about each other and that's what's important. I decide to take a shower and sit in bed with my laptop reading through old emails when my phone rings and I see it's my mom.

"Hey honey, how was the vacation?" She asks.

"Mama it was just what I needed. Jimmy couldn't have done me a greater kindness."

"Jed is a little upset."

"How do you know?"

"He called me like two days after you guys took off for France and hes has conversations with Denise and—"

"Denise?" I interrupt. "Why would she talk to him?"
"Her son, who happens to be your father's star quarterback, went MIA with you, his daughter. They were both worried."

"Mom were adults we are allowed to just disappear."

"You should have told him you were going Emeraude. He's been on edge ever since the Royce situation happened." She explains amd now I feel bad.

"You're right. I'll see him tomorrow. The team is having some meeting."

"Okay honey, it's a little late I'm going to bed."

"Goodnight I love you." I say before hanging up.

JimJim: Can I drive us to the meeting tomorrow? I wanna take you somewhere afterwards.

Me: uhhhhhhh sure.

JimJim: I sense hesitation...what's wrong?

Me: apparently my dad is upset we disappeared.
JimJim: I'm so getting fired.