Chapter Nine: Danger

"So this is where Jimmy G lives." I tease as I walk around his kitchen.
"This is it." He modestly says.
"Nice, cozy." I smile as he hands me a glass of wine. I wait for him to fill his own glass. "To the faithful." I toast bumping my glass to his.
"To the faithful." He repeats before finally drinking. I watch him as I drink and he seems nervous, which is funny because I'm nervous too. I haven't dated in three years, I don't know how any of this works anymore. Are we going to sleep together? Not that I'd oppose it but how do I initiate that?
I wonder to his living room where I look through the photos he had on the wall above the fireplace. They're all of his family which makes me smile. There's one in particular that I like, it's the four brothers Jimmy looks so cute and it makes me happy for some reason.

I hear music start playing, catching me by surprise

I hear music start playing, catching me by surprise. I recognize the melody as Just one look by Doris Troy. He likes oldies, I do too.
"I love this photo." I say turning to look at him. I notice he's right next to me and turn to the picture again.
"Thank you, it's one of my favorites as well." He smiles. I look over at him looking at the picture so fondly. It makes me feel some type of way. He catches me staring and blushes.
"Am I making you blush?" I tease.
"Maybe." He smiles.
"Hmmm who would've thought little ol me could make Jimmy Garoppolo blush."
"Not me." He says making me laugh.

We move to sit on the couch where I take my heels off exposing my white toes. I notice him look and almost laugh to himself.
"What?" I ask. "You don't like my feet?" I giggle.
"No it's not that, it's just of course you'd paint your toes white."
"What's wrong with that?" I ask with an amusing smile.
"So basic." He says finally laughing.
"I am not basic!" I argue before laughing.
"Sure." He drags making me toss a couch pillow at him.
"You suck." I sigh, putting my heels back on.
"No I'm sorry." He says. "Please, make yourself comfortable." I nod and kick them off again.
"So tell me, who were you before you were Jimmy G?" I ask as I curl my legs on the couch turning to look at him.
"I'm still me, I think." He says adding the last part like it was more of a question.
"Are you?" I ask. "This job has tendencies of changing people, even the best of us."
"Guys see right through the fake bullshit. I learned that from Tom, so I stay humble and just try to lead the way I would like to be lead."
"You're a great leader Jimmy, you have a lot to do with how the guys have improved."
"You think so?"
"Yeah, because you brought that winner mentality from New England." I say making him nod. "I remember my dad telling me about the first game the guys had won in the 2017 season." I say with a smile playing on my lips. "He told me about the guys dumping water on Kyle and everyone celebrating like they'd just won the Super Bowl." I remember happily.
"Yeah that was strange. I was there." He smiles. "At the time I was like what the hell is going on? Why is this special? Then I remembered the tough season they've been having."
"Those days were tough on my dad, he thought he was going to be fired or demoted. The family business is not a friendly one." I sadly say.
"It isn't?" He curiously asks. I know I probably shouldn't talk about it, but I'm comfortable.
"No, the York's are constantly at each other's throat for the CEO position; it's a real nightmare."
"I'm sorry." He sympathetically says.
"That's alright." I assure before holding my glass of wine to him. He looks confused before realizing I want more.
"Where are you putting all of this?" He teases. I extend my belly and tap it making me laugh. "You're cute." He says making me blush.
"Do you like our organization?" I ask as I feel brave and lay my head on his lap. "And be honest, don't just tell me the same shit you tell reporters. Be straight up with me." I prompt. He looks down at me and smiles.
"I love it here." He nods. "The hospitality the York's showed me and my family when I got here was great, I couldn't ask for a better organization to represent."
"Well that makes me happy." I giggle. "What's your favorite place ever?" I ask with my eyes closed.
"My hometown." He answers with no hesitation.
"And that's...?" I ask.
"Arlington Heights, Illinois."
"Sounds fancy." I say in a funny voice.
"It's not." He laughs. "It's a cozy little town."
"Cozy is what rich people describe their big fancy homes as." I argue opening my eyes to see him trying to argue. "Ah ah Ah, I'm rich." I remind him, making both of us laugh.

We spend hours talking about our childhoods and lives before I pass out.

I wake up to find myself on top of his body. I look at my phone seeing the missed calls and texts I had. It's 2:22 am. Man this dress is uncomfortable to sleep in.
"Jimmy." I whisper as I shake him gently.
"Hmmm?" He sleepily asks.
"Can I sleep in your shirt?" I ask as I stand and unzip my dress. He doesn't answer but slips it off handing it to me. My dress hits the floor and his eyes open. He watches as I pull the shirt over my head and covers my body. He takes his jeans off and kicks them to the floor.
"Come here." He says and I feel his hand on the small of my back as he brings me back on the couch. He scoots slightly over. I lay my head on his chest and bring my knee on top of his body.
"I had a nice time." I whisper looking up at him.
"Did you?" He asks.
"Yeah." I smile. I feel brave and reach up to kiss him. He's taken by surprise but presses his lips against mine too.
"That's that." I smile contently as I lay my head on his chest again.
He rubs my back until I fall asleep again.

I'm woken up by his alarm ringing.
"Jimmy." I groan as he reaches to shut it off.
"Sorry, I have practice." He says getting up. He lays a blanket over me.
"I'll be back." He says and leaves. I think it's weird he's leaving me here alone, but I'm too tired to complain.

I wake up on my own at around 10:00. I change into my dress again and take an Uber back to my house. My mom and sister are at work so I don't have any explaining to do. I head up to my room where I almost scream when I see Royce sitting on my bed.
"What are you doing here?" I ask as I hold a hand over my chest.
"I missed you baby." He says.
"I'm not your baby anymore." I remind him.
"Oh no?" He asks "what are you Garoppolo's whore now?" He asks and I don't hesitate to bring my hand up to slap him.
"Don't ever disrespect me." I say through my teeth.
"Is that where you're coming from?" He asks.
"That's none of your business." I say.
"Well, you see honey, it is." He smiles sinisterly. "Because we're still dating and man, how am I going to feel about my girlfriend going out on a date with a loser like him?" He asks, holding his phone out to me. I see there's photos is Jimmy and I.
"Imagine what would happen if these came out?" He asks. "Not a good look for your little team." He teases.
"I don't care if those come out or not I'm not dating you." I say.
"Okay, but what about these?" He asks and shows me intimate pictures and videos of us from when we were dating.
"You're in those too." I remind him trying to fight for some leverage.
"No my face isn't in any of these." He points out to my disappointment. "But Emeraude York the 49ers first woman athletic trainer? Jed York's daughter? Yeah she's the star of all of these." He smirks.
"What do you want?" I ask, trying not to cry.
"We're still dating and you're not to see that loser again."
"Royce plea-"
"Did I stutter?" He asks, making me close my eyes in disappointment. "C'mon baby, I know you still love me." He says making my stomach turn. "You just need to be reminded." He adds coming over to kiss me. I pull away and he smiles. "Now get dressed, it's time to go to work." He smirks.

what's Jimmy going to think?