Chapter Eight: First Date

"I don't know if that's a good idea." I hesitantly say.
"Why not?" He asks with a shrug.
"I don't know, I'm still with Royce." I say and see him get upset.
"Do you want to be?" He asks.
"Well no, bu-"
"Lemme see that." He says as he takes my unlocked phone and calls him. I nervously watch hoping he doesn't answer.
"She doesn't want to be with you anymore, you don't deserve her. It's over." He says. "It's Jimmy....yeah Garoppolo. Ok I'll be seeing you." He adds and hangs up. "See, it's over now." He smiles as he hands me my phone. "Now, I will see you at 8:00 tonight." He says before heading to the shower. I'm left speechless but excited. I leave a note in his locker with my address before leaving.

What should I wear? Oh my god I haven't gone on a first date in yearssssss. Classy? Formal? Relaxed? I look through my closet and I can't be seen in any of this !
I finally decide on a black dress and heels.

I have a quick shower to freshen up and get dressed

I have a quick shower to freshen up and get dressed. I straighten up my hair and do my makeup naturally.

"Ohh, where are you going?" My mom asks as she enters my room.
"Oh, out with Katie." I quickly lie.
"Sowers?" She asks to clarity.
"Yup." I smile seeing it was almost time to go.
"Oh okay, well go have fun." She smiles as I pack my bag. I look out the window and see Jimmy's car outside. He steps out and I see the nice suit he's wearing, fuck he looks good. He's walking up... oh my god no.

"Mom, can you bring me another gold clutch?" I ask

"Mom, can you bring me another gold clutch?" I ask. "Please, now she's here I don't want her to wait." I say rushing her upstairs.
Jimmy knocks and I'm quick to open it.
"Hi." He smiles. "I brought these for you." He says holding a bouquet of sunflowers and red roses.
"Oh Jimmy they're beautiful." I say as I lean in to smell the fresh scent. "Thank you. I'll leave them here for my mom to put in water." I say setting them down on the table.
"I could meet your mom." He offers but I take his hand and I lead him out. We're gone in seconds and I text to tell her I left.

"That was normal." He says as he drives.
"Yeah, my mom she's a little weird with dates and stuff."
"You haven't told her what happened have you?" He asks seeing through my bullshit.
"What part? The one where he cheated the one where you kissed me, or the part where you broke up with him for me?" I lay out.
"All of it." He smirks.
"She knows he cheated, the rest is yet to be told." I sigh.
"Was she mad?" He asks.
"No." I shake my head. "My sister and her were more worried about me staying with him than the cheating."
"Wow." I hear him whisper.
"She says mistakes happen even when you're in love."
"I don't think cheating is ever a mistake." He says. "It's a thought process you go through, you weigh out the pros and cons and you think of the other person even if it's for a split second, and then you make your choice. It's never a thoughtless act."
"Have you been cheated on?" I ask.
"Yeah." He sigh. "It sucked, but you just gonna move on and be a man about it." He says making me laugh a little.
"Are you telling me to be a man about it?" I ask with a smile.
"Yea." He smiles making me laugh.
"How did you find out?" I ask.
"We went out one day. She got really drunk and left her phone unlocked when she passed out. I saw a text come in and picked it up thinking it could be important, but instead I found a text from someone telling her how much he missed the sex they had. He spared no detail."
"Oh Jimmy." I frown, putting my hand over his. "We really know how to pick them don't we?" I say to ease the tension.
"Yeah." He laughs. "We'll be alright though, it's their loss." He says making me smile as he grips my hand in his.

"So where are you taking me?" I ask as we continue to drive.
"It's a surprise." He smirks.
"I love surprises." I say.
"You do?" He asks turning to look at me.
"Yeah." I nod. "Why?"
"Seems like the go to answer I've had is I hate surprises."
"Oh, yeah I'm weird." I say in a mocking tone which makes him laugh.

He pulls into a restaurant and turns the car off.
"Wait." He says as I go to open my door. I stop and he gets off running towards my door to open it for me.
"What a gentleman." I say as he holds my hand helping me out of the at.
"Always." He smiles as he leads me inside.
"Mr. Garoppolo, please this way." The hostess says, leading us to a private room.
"Regular here?" I ask as we're seated.
"With my family, yes." He says wanting to avoid what I was referring to. The waiter comes and Jimmy orders a bottle of wine.
"So." He says as I sip my wine. "Tell me about yourself." He says with an eager smile.
"There's not much to me." I shyly reply.
"Bullshit." He laughs. "What's your favorite thing to do when you're alone?" He asks. My mind goes to a dirty place and I think he catches on by my facial expression.
"Noted." He smirks before licking his lips, it makes me blush.
"I like to paint." I finally say.
"Are you good?" He asks.
"I don't know, but I enjoy doing it, when I'm alone."
"You don't paint with anyone else?" He asks as our meals are brought out.
"No, I don't like being judged." I say.
"Why's that?"
"When you date a celebrity like Royce whose fan base is 95% woman and they find out he has a girlfriend, you tend to get judged on the regular for the smallest details about yourself. So painting is my time and my opinions only"
"I'm sorry you had to go through that." He sympathetically says. "It's tough, the whole being scrutinized for every little detail about yourself."
"Yeah it is, but what are your hobbies?" I ask wanting to switch the subject.
"I'm a big outdoors guy, I like to hike around, workout, and just hang around my friends and family."
"But what do you do for yourself?" I ask with a smile.
"You're gonna laugh." He says after thinking about it for a second.
"I promise I won't." I assure a warm smile.
"I'm a huge gardener." He admits completely taking me by surprise. "And actually the flowers I got you I grew."
"That's really impressive!" I say. "They were beautiful."
"Glad you liked them." He smiles modestly.
"Do you grow other things?"
"Yeah, I have an herb section, a couple vegetables, and a lot of flowers."
"Does it help you relax after games and training?"
"Yeah." He nods. "Especially after our little sessions." He teases.
"Ha ha."
"I'm serious, you stress me out."
"Why?" I ask and he gives me a deadpan look making a smile creep up on my face. "Am I tough on you?" I say in a teasing tone. "Does Jimmy G not like a woman in charge?" I question.
"I think we're tough on each other." He says ignoring my comment.
"I like a man in charge." I say before thinking. "Shit, I shouldn't have said that." I giggle covering my mouth.
"Do you?" He smiles.
"I think I've had enough wine." I say pushing the glass away from my side. "You've made me drink a whole bottle of wine before." I laugh.
"Really?" He asks as I finish my meal.
"Yeah, you're mean."
"You're mean too." He comments.
"Yeah, but I like drinking wine, so thank you" I say with a slight shrug.
"I have a whole lot of wine at home." He says. I look up at him making eye contact. "We can drink it together." He adds making me gulp.
"Well then what are we waiting for?" I smirk.