Chapter One: Levi's Stadium

"I'm here dad." I say walking into his office. I look around and don't see him at his desk....weird.
"Dad?" I call out and nothing. I step outside and see his receptionist. "Darla, where is my father?" I ask.
"He's on the field with the team, oh that's reminds me he asked me to tell you to meet him on the field." She says.
"You don't say." I huff before dropping my bag and walking towards the exit. I walk through multiple doors and tunnels and cannot find my way.
"Fuck this." I sigh and pull my phone out.
"Can I help you?" Someone asks. I look and see a huge white guy looking down at me.
"Yes, where is the field and how can I get there? Actually scratch that, can you take me there?" I ask.
"Sure." He says and leads the way.
"You're Kittle right?" I ask trying to remember his name.
"Bosa." He clarifies.
"Ok," I nod knowing it was a 50/50.
"Who are you?" He asks as I see the light of the field.
"Emeraude Santiago-"
"Are you even supposed to be here?" He asks, interrupting me.
"York." I finish and see him gulp. "I am Emeraude Santiago-York and don't interrupt me again." I say narrowing my eyes at him. He looks nervous. "Apologize." I demand.
"I'm sorry." He says. "I didn't know."
"It shouldn't matter you don't do that to another person, now go half ass your drills." I say rolling my eyes.
I go out onto the field and see my dad standing next to Kyle Shanahan.
"Hi daddy." I say sweetly as I kiss his cheek.
"Hey sweetheart, how was your trip in?" He asks.
"Okay I guess, I still prefer candlestick Park." I shrug, making both men laugh.
"Kyle, this is my daughter Emeraude, she's the one who will be joining the staff as an athletic trainer." My dad introduces me. I shake Kyle's hand firmly.
"I saw your resume, impressive stuff." Mr. Shanahan says making me smile proudly.
"Thank you Mr. Shanahan, I look forward to help make this team better."
"We're all friends here, call me Kyle."
"Nobody gave you a hard time right?" My dad asks.
"Bosa interrupted me, but I put him in his place." I sternly say.
"That's my girl." He smiles patting my back.
We walk the field and he fills me in on everything.
"How's the attitude on the field?" I ask
"They're pissed, they want to go finish it."
"That's what I like to hear." I smirk seeing the boys stretching.
"Let's go introduce you." My dad says leading the way. "Hey guys can I get everyone's attention." My dad yells and the guys circle around us. "We have a new athletic trainer, Emeraude Santiago-York, my daughter. She studied at UCLA and worked with the program there as well as the LSU football team."
"Hi everyone! I'm Emeraude, but you can call me Coach Em, or just Em, I have a feeling there's great family vibe here and I'm excited to join it. I'm looking forward to working with all of you." I say and get a small number of applauses.
The group dispersed, some players come to personally introduce themselves to me which I appreciate.
"So what are you going to do for us?" A guy rudely asks. "There's plenty of athletic trainers, what makes you so special, other than being Jed York's daughter?" I see the tan man wearing a black jersey with a red number 10 on it.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I ask and see the guys around him hide their laughing faces

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I ask and see the guys around him hide their laughing faces. "I'm joking." I say with a laugh. "I know exactly who you are." He smirks and waits for me to talk. "You're the guy who couldn't get it done." I say losing my smile. "You're the guy who threw a football with two hands on the biggest stage of them all." I say crossing my arms across my chest. "I'm the woman who helps men like you perfect their craft, if you don't believe me, ask around." I smirk. "I'm not here for my benefit, I'm here because I got Joe Burrow in the best shape of his life and guess what buddy? He got it done." I say seeing him stare at the floor. "Let's see if you can do it too." The guys around us go start warm ups and Jim stays still. "Don't ever disrespect me again, especially to try and make yourself look tough." I threaten.
"Is daddy always around to make sure you're the scary one?" He asks, making me furrow my eyebrows.
"Don't presume to know about me, you don't know anything about me."
"I beg to differ, I know snotty when I see it." He shrugs with a smug smirk. I open my mouth to say something when I feel a pair of hands on my waist. I turn around and see my beautiful boyfriend.
"Hola hermosa." He smiles leaning in to give me a kiss.
"Hola mi amor." I reply with a big smile.
"You look great!" He says looking down at my outfit.
"It's gym clothes baby." I shyly respond.

"Still super cute

"Still super cute." He says making me blush. Jimmy clears his throat shifting focus onto him, he really does love attention.
"You're Jimmy right?" Royce asks turning to look at him.
"Yeah, it's nice to meet you man." Jim says, shaking his hand.
"Huge fan, really excited to see you all this season." 
"Thanks man, I appreciate it." Jim says with a small before walking away.
"How is it?" Royce asks.
"It's great." I smile. "Just gotta break them in." I shrug nonchalantly.
"That's my girl." He smiles before giving me another kiss.
I show him around the facility before he leaves.
"I'll see you at home." He says giving me a kiss. I nod and watch him leave.
"Little heiress got herself a famous boyfriend." Jim mocks from behind me.
"Don't you have anything better to do ? Like let's say learn how to accurately throw the ball? Or did mommy not give you attention when you were younger?" I rhetorically ask.
"You know that hurts." He points out.
"I don't say them to be nice." I shrug. "And the things you say hurt too."
"But it's the truth."
"Don't build assumptions about me based on what I let you see."
"The world runs on assumptions."
"Like the one where you fuck pornstars?" I ask with a smug smile.
"That exact one." He says with a playful smile. I shake my head finally laughing.
"Go stretch, and do it right this time." I say.
"Sweetheart I've been doing these workouts for a long time, I know what I'm doing."
"Your knee hurts when you go to bed, it's a dull pain in the back of the knee." I say with my arms crossed.
"What?" He asks.
"You start off well but get sloppy halfway through, don't let your knee go over your toes." I point out. "It's not good for recovering ACL's."
"I'm not recovering anymore." He argues.
"Jimmy you'll always be recovering from it." I state.
I can see him wanting to argue, but something clicks and he nods his head in agreement.

This season is going to be fun.