Chapter Thirteen: Cold little heart

"You're not going back home." He says after I tell him everything.

"I have to." I say.

"You're not going home."

"I have to !" I yell.

"No you don't, we have so many resources. We will not let anything happen to you. Em you have to know that. Forget what that little shit said to you."

"It's not about that." I sigh as I finally sit down. "It's about my dad and this organization."

"What?" He asks, sitting next to me.

"My dads sisters are trying take over as CEO's and he said that one scandal from us and it's over."

"Who gives a shit about this organization?"

"Jimmy my dad has worked so hard to be CEO, he lives and breathes for this team."

"Do you think he'd want you to see you like this?" He asks and I start to cry again.

"I can't take this away from him." I say.

"You'll be fine Em, I promise you it will all be okay."

"No Jimmy." I say shaking my head. "I can't do that to him."

"Please don't go back to that house." He begs.

"You don't understand."

"I understand plenty." He sternly says.

"Then you know why I can't-"

"Can't what sweetie?" My dad asks walking into his office making me gasp. "Jesus! What happened to your arm?" He asks, coming to sit next to me. Jimmy moves to stand and I can't look either one in the face. "Who did this?" He asks as he wipes my tears away. I shake my head and keep my head down too embarrassed to look at either.

I take a deep breath but stop when I feel a pain in my ribs. Not this again.

"What's wrong?" He asks as I stretch back to try and catch my breath.

"It's nothing." I assure through the pain.

"Can you breathe?" My dad asks.

"Mhmm." I respond with my eyes closed.

"Emeraude lift your shirt." Jimmy says. I shake my head and my dad does it revealing a bruise on my ribs.

"Sweetheart what happened?" He asks, his voice is shaky.

"We need to take her to the hospital." Jimmy says. "I know bruised ribs when I see them."

My dad, I can tell is in shock but they drive me to the hospital where a nurse helps me change into a gown and I feel so ashamed having her look at me like this. I get X-rays done and both of them wait for the results with me. I assume Jimmy told him everything because he's on his phone talking to David, our lawyer.

"Miss. York, your boyfriend is here." The nurse says making me gulp and the heart monitor begins to beep so fast I'm afraid I might break it.

"Who told you to do that?" Jimmy angrily asks.

"It's her emergency contact, it's protocol." She says before leaving the room.

Royce walks in the room looking at me and is by my bedside.

"What did I tell you about coming here?" He asks and his eyes slowly go to the back of the room where Jimmy and my dad stood.

My dad launches himself at Royce griping him by his shirt.

"You son of a bitch!" He says. "How dare you put your hands on my daughter." He adds as he angrily shakes him in his grip.

"Jed." Jimmy says coming over and trying to pull him off.