Chapter Three: Bare

—-Friday—
"C'mon guys, we're almost done!" I yell as they get the last of the reps in. I look down at my watch and see it's 7:45, I can make the show, I'll just miss the opening act.

Royce: I can't wait to see you tonight! I've missed you❤️

I look down at the text and smile.

"Emeraude." I hear someone say. I look up and see Jim holding his knee limping towards me. "I fucked up." He sighs.

"Get me a cart!" I yell at the staff who rush over and help him get on the cart.

I climb on with him straddling his leg making sure it was in place and he didn't dislocate anything.
"It seems to be in place." I say turning my head to look at him.

The cart comes to an abrupt stop making me lose my balance and fall back on Jimmy's lap.

"Sorry." I say as I lean back on him. I sigh and move to get off of him. He puts his hands on my hips and helps me move off of him.

The medics help him into the examining room leaving us alone. There's obviously more people who can help, but I'm following my dads orders, I have to make sure he's okay.

"How does it feel?" I ask as I touch it delicately.

"Not good." He says wincing in pain.

"Oh Jimmy." I sigh feeling bad that he felt this bad. "I need you to take your pants off." I say wanting to check for swelling.

"Take me out to dinner first." He jokes making me shake my head.

I help him take them off and see it is indeed swollen. I put on some gloves knowing it'll have to get messy.

"Shit." I sigh and grab a needle from a drawer. I grab the vial of Corticosteroid.

"What is that?" Jimmy asks.

"It's an anti-inflammatory injection called Corticosteroid." I say as I wipe the area I'll puncture with an alcohol wipe.

"Okay well just please count when you do it." He says as I quickly stick the needle in.

"Done." I say taking the needle out and wiping the drop of blood left.

"I didn't even feel anything." He says in shock.

"Thank you." I smile and help him by starting to
move his knee. "We need to get mobility in." My phone is ringing non stop and I have my Apple Watch going off.

"Do you have someone waiting for you?" He asks as I mute my watch and text Dani to leave without me. I don't want her to miss the concert too.

"No." I lie.

"Sure it's not the alter ego tour?" He asks.

"They'll be more shows." I dismiss it.

"This is the last stop of the American tour and I don't think you'll be able to make the next ones with our hectic schedule." He points out. I don't like discussing relationship stuff at work, I need to be seen as tough. If they see me being emotional I might lose credibility, which sounds ridiculous but it's my reality.

I open my mouth to reply but am interrupted by Royce calling me.

"Get it." He says. I take a deep breath before answering.

"Hola mi amor." I sweetly answer.

"Emeraude where the hell are you?" He asks.

"I'm at work." I say.

"My show starts in 15 minutes, when the hell am I supposed to see you if you don't come to this one?"

"I'm sorry baby I meant to go bu-"