Marichat 2: Part 6

..

"Chaton." Marinette said while leaning back on the railing of her balcony. She stared up at the starry night sky anticipating his answer.

"Yes, m'lady?" He said jumping off the railing in front of her. She laughed a little and smiled at him.

"There hasn't been an akumatized victim for about 2 weeks now..." she said looking deep into his eyes. He hummed and tapped his chin in curiosity.

"Well... let's not worry about that, mon amour. Let's just enjoy it." He winked at her and it didn't fail to make her heart skip a beat.

He went to her side and leaned on the railing too. They both looked up at the dark night. A shooting star passed by catching them both off guard. Marinette pointed at the sky and made a shocked face. Chat Noir smiled at her with a loving look.

"Dang it. I forgot to make a wish. I got too excited." She said pouting and looking over to him. She smiled deviously and he raised his eyebrows.

"But I wouldn't even need to make one because mon chaton is my greatest wish." She smiled at him and his face started to grow warm.

"When did m'lady become such a flirt." He said while covering his blushing face. She chuckled a little and reached for his hand. He willingly let her hold and squeeze it.

"I guess your charms are rubbing off on me."

"I-I guess they are."

A comfortable silence embodied Marinette's balcony and a cool wind blew. Marinette thought of something to say that would break the silence between them.

Graduation. Right, it would be happening in about a month. Why didn't she think of it sooner?

"Adrien. Are you excited for graduation?" She said looking over to him. He looked down at her. Was he excited for graduation?

"Mmm... I don't know, the only thing on my mind is who Hawkmoth is." She looked at him surprised on his answer.

"I mean... it's been 3 years since we first met him... he's still not giving up?" He continued now focusing on the chair on her balcony.

She squeezed tighter on his hand. He turned to her with a frown. She thought about his question.

"Well... all I know is I'm excited to graduate with you." She tried to clear the tense mood. His lips subconsciously spread into a smile.

He bent down and turned her head to his. She smiled from ear to ear before wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him into a kiss. His eyes widened in shock at Marinette's eagerness.

He picked her up and spun her around. She laughed as her feet landed on the ground. They shared one last look before releasing from each other's arms.

"Goodnight, mon amour."

"Goodnight, mon chaton."

She waved goodbye and watched him leave into the night, a big smile on her face. Was this really reality? Everything felt so perfect.

..

Until it wasn't.

The morning of graduation. Where everything went to hell. Gabriel Agreste appeared giving a speech. It was the third time he appeared in public since the fashion show.

No one would've suspected him to suddenly be made known as Hawkmoth. Marinette looked at Adrien in shock. Adrien stood there eyeing him in disbelief.

"F-father?" He mumbled still frozen. Hawkmoth sighed and walked closer to the audience of graduates. The crowd began to run and scream but Marinette and Adrien stood in place.

"Son. I'm sorry." Hawkmoth spoke walking closer to him. Adrien stumbled backwards shaking his head. "N-no.."

Marinette furrowed her eyebrows and ran off to someplace to transform.

"Tikki, spots on!" She said and immediately ran to Hawkmoth after her transformation finished. "Grabiel! Give me your miraculous!" She screamed tears streaming her face.

"Mayura, transform me!"

As he transformed his laugh rang in Marinette's ear. He turned his attention towards Adrien and smiled.

"Son.. you don't have to hide your identity from me anymore. I know you're Chat Noir. So give me your miraculous!" He pounced at Adrien but he didn't succeed in grabbing him. Adrien ran and Marinette went to fight Gabriel.

"How could you do this?" Marinette said holding him back. He used his cane to strike her in the stomach. She fell back holding her stomach in pain. "What about Adrien?"

Her vision started to get blurry and she felt someone hold her. "Adrien?" She mumbled before losing consciousness. Adrien looked down at her face in disbelief. He put down her body gently and glared looking up.

"Cataclysm!" Adrien said running to his so-called dad.

"Son, just give it up!" He dodged the attempt and fought back. "No, you give it up! How could you do all of this?"   

"I did it for us! To get your mother back... isn't that what you want." They paused and Adrien took a step back putting down his claws.

"For mom? For mom? I want her back but not like this!" He raised his cataclysmic hand and reached for his chest. The miraculous broke in half and Gabriel gasped as his transformation fell.

He fell on his knees. "No..." Adrien sniffed and before he walked away he picked up the broken miraculous. He picked up Marinette's body and ran away. But he felt like he forgot something.

That's right, Mayura! He could get to her later... right now he needed to save the girl he loved. He arrived at his house and Marinette had already destranformed. Tikki squealed when she saw Marinette laying there unconscious.

"Please be okay Mari..." He said while grabbing his phone and searching 'what to do when someone's unconscious'.

CPR. He began pushing her chest and peformed mouth to mouth. He saw her eyes flutter open and she squinted at him.

"What happened?" She said her voice cracking. He sighed and rubbed his forehead of sweat. His transformation fell catching him off guard.

"Thank God you're okay." He said and hugged her. Tikki flew to her cheek and hugged it. Plagg stood in the corner watching contently.

"Now, we have to find Mayura. I already destroyed... Hawkmoth's miraculous." He said struggling to get the words out.

She nodded and looked around his room to find anything to feed Tikki. Adrien noticed and ran to open Plagg's cheese counter. He grabbed a piece of cheese and broke it in half. He gave one half to Tikki and the other to Plagg.

Tikki grimaced looking down at it but she was hungry so she ate it. "Tikki, spots on!"

"Plagg, claws out!"

They fist bumped before jumping out of Adrien's window. "The final battle."