Chapter 13 - The Cemetery

"We're burying Pinga's friends tomorrow." Michiru whispered to herself. She laid in her bed and tried to sleep, it wasn't working too well. She rolled over and watched the window, holding the blankets closer. Then she saw someone leaning against the railing outside. Was that Shirou? She slid out of her bed and walked out of the room. "Shirou?" She called and the figure turned around, she guessed right apparently.

     "Did I wake you up? Sorry." Shirou went back to his original position.

     "You didn't, I just couldn't sleep. What about you?" She came up next to him and leaned next to him, glancing at him before following his eyes into the sky. The sky was a dark blue and the city was alive with light, but that made the stars were hard to see.

     "The same." He looked over at her and she smiled a bit.

     "Do you want to tell me why?" She stared up at him and he shook his head.

     "You?" He lip tilted at her.

     "Nope." She smiled with that hint of mischief to her eyes.

     "Do you know what you're wearing tomorrow?" He looked back at the stars.

     "Kinda, I don't really have many clothes so I was just going to wear this and a skirt I borrowed from Nazuna. Though, I'm not sure if I should try to borrow a shirt or not too." She scratched the back of her head as she spoke, pointing to the black tank top under her white one with her other hand. He glanced at her with a raised brow before looking back out. He made a small noise before looking back at her.

     "You can borrow one of mine." She smiled at him and he could feel the burning that wanted to rise under his skin, he refused it.

     "Really?" Her eyes glowed pinker tonight and he found he didn't mind noticing these small things about her anymore. He gave her a look and nodded. "Can I choose which one?" She looked excited and he sighed. He walked to the roof door and looked over his shoulder at her.

     "Are you coming?" She smiled and followed him down the stairs. 

---

     "Why do you have so many black shirts?" She laughed as she shuffled through his closet.

     "It makes the blood easier to hide." He sat down on his bed and crossed his legs, watching her.

     "Do you know what you're wearing tomorrow?" She looked back at him.

     "The suit in the back." He pointed at the bag on the hanger and she nodded before continuing to flip through his shirts.

     "Can I borrow this one?" She turned back to him with one of his many black long sleeves. It was an older one of the bunch.

     "Sure." He laid back in his bed and she watched him.

     "Goodnight, Shirou." She said after a second of staring. He found himself wanting her to stay longer but silenced himself, he already gave in a little when he let her take one of his shirts. She waved with a smile and left the room, but they both wanted to stay longer. It was probably better to sleep before the funeral anyways.

---

     "Hey, Pinga." Michiru smiled at him when she walked over with Shirou. He looked over and gave her a little side smile. Pinga's friends were being buried in the cemetery with the other beastmen who'd died in the past decade. It was a grassy area, there were a couple trees between the graves but it was mostly headstones, silver wolf statues, and flowers.