Chapter 10 - Stormy Day

A boy around the age of Michiru walked in and got in line, the Beast Co-Op did do things after all. Gem handed the people the forms or information they required. That kid finally came up to him. "Hello, I'm Ayumu Souta. May I have my residential forms?"

     "Of course." Gem handed the stack to him but the kid didn't move. He raised an eyebrow at the kid.

     "I'm sorry, but do you know where I'm supposed to stay? I just got here and it looks like there's going to be a storm tomorrow." He glanced out the window.

     "Well, when you get your papers in, the person there will tell you where you'll live. But if you need any help, come back alright?" Ayumu nodded and left, then the next person walked up.

     "Hi, I have no clue where this is." The woman handed him her papers. He hummed, another day at the Beast Co-Op.

---

     "Hey, Gem, dinner's ready!" Michiru came through the door that led to the rest of the building and pat him on the back. No one was there right now, but it started to rain. Huh, that kid might be right about that storm.

     "Alright." He got up and went up with her. "So how was your day?"

---

     A knock hit the door in the middle of dinner. Shirou looked over and got up. "I'll get it, continue without me." They nodded and Michiru glanced out the window, the rain was starting to get pretty strong. He walked down the hall and the stairs. He opened the door to the Beast Co-Op and saw a guy standing in front of him. The kid had shaggy, grey hair and dark eyes. "What do you want?" The kid sunk back a little, he was making a puddle on the floor.

     "The man with the glasses said I could come back if I had any problems and I just finished getting my paperwork in. I don't know where this is." He got more mumbly as he went, but handed Shirou his papers anyways. He looked down at the address, why did those people never explain where anything was?

      "Give me a second." Shirou walked past the kid, closing the door behind him. He walked over to Gem's desk and pulled a map of Anima-City out. He looked down at the address one more time and pointed to its exact spot on the map. This kid would be living in the apartments closer to the power sector. "Got it?" He looked up at the guy. He nodded but then a flash of light filled the room. Lightning, they froze for a second and looked outside. The rain was getting worse, then the thunder came. Kuro was probably already freaking out, he was going to have to clean up soon.

     "Can I stay here for a bit?" 

     "I'll need to ask Gem and Melissa."

     "Okay." They walked up through the door and up the stairs.

     "Hey, do you mind if we take this kid in for a bit? He's supposed to be living near the power sector." Everyone looked up from their dinner stared.

     "Of course not, there's a storm out there! You can't walk all the way over there in this weather!" Melissa got up and ushered the kid inside. "I'll get you a towel, what's your name?"

     "Ayumu Souta. Hello, sir!" He waved to Gem and Melissa ran off for a towel.

     "Hi." Gem smiled at him and Michiru got up.