Chapter 16 - Cops and Lawyers

Michiru hadn't thought to look at Netflips before, but around seven thirty, she did. Browsing through for a couple hours wouldn't really have been that noteworthy if she hadn't found a show she knew she wouldn't be able to stop watching without serious intervention. Cops and Lawyers, a crime show that no one could ever turn off without hesitance. Michiru knew that it was probably a bad idea to turn it on considering the fact that she was supposed to go job hunting with Shirou tomorrow. But if she only watch an episode or two, she could go to bed and be done for the night before ten o'clock.

It didn't go as planned.

---

Shirou opened his eyes, the dark room and pale moonlight almost all-consuming if not for the damp blankets wrapped around his body or the clothes pressed to his skin. Another nightmare. He sat up and looked around, the scent, taste, and feel of blood still too fresh in his mind. It bubbled in his throat and stuck to his nose. He wasn't even covered in fur right now, but the sweat suffocated him enough that it was as uncomfortable as blood-stained fur. He really needed a shower. Glancing over at Kuro, he nodded to himself. He took a deep breath and the smell of Michiru flooded his mind. She was starting to leave her smell all over the room with how much she hung out in here. He shook his head and started down his ladder, out the door, and down the hall. He could smell her here too. The intensity of Shirou's nightmares was starting to lessen, but the desire to check on the tanuki still pressed him.

'If this happens again, why don't you just come in and say hi?'

He was allowed to after all.

Shirou shook his head at himself and turned off the water, stepping out and throwing his clothes back on. His head really didn't want to stay on straight, did it? He shook his head at himself again and frowned, pulling open the door. He'd just take a quick look and if she was awake, which she wouldn't be, he'd knock, say hello, and go back to bed. Not a difficult thing.

He was wrong.

---

"He's already confessed! How can he be innocent?" The man shook his head but the balding one behind the desk just sighed.

"They retracted the statement, said he wasn't in his right mind." The blondie stepped forward.

"What else do we have on him?" They looked at her and-

Tap Tap

Michiru almost threw the phone as she shot up and looked at the window. Shirou was standing there, one eyebrow raised and the moon almost right behind him. She looked back at her phone and paused the episode, pulling down the menu for the time.

2:13

Oh dang it.

Michiru turned back around and noted the fact that Shirou was still there and she still hadn't turned off the lights despite the fact that it was morning. Walking around was going to be a nightmare if they still planned to leave in the morning. Or rather, in five hours. She smiled at him and tried to wave him in from her spot on the bed. Shirou didn't make late night visits much, but something about his wet hair told her this was probably something she should talk to him about. Maybe it was another nightmare, but even though she'd offered to let him in when he had another one, she wasn't sure what to do. Talking about it might help, but something told her it might not do so well with this one. She already knew the contents anyways. Comfort was another idea though. But no ideas would help if he didn't open her door. He'd left her window, but the door stayed shut.

With a roll of her eyes, Michiru slid out of the bed, made her way across the room, and opened the door for him. He was already a couple feet away from her, but the door was loud and he paused.