Chapter 9 - Advice

'You have a crush on him!'

     The tanuki tossed and turned in her bed. She thought being normal and ignoring the bubbling and swirling feelings about Shirou would be fine. It didn't feel fine! She cringed at how much she'd blushed in just this week. He definitely knew something was up, he'd been giving her questioning looks. And Melissa wasn't helping much, she kept giggling at her. She really liked this guy, it definitely explained why she liked his touch so much, why she wished for his smile so much, why she liked to look at him sometimes, but there had to be more. She flopped onto her back. Why did she like him? She did like him right? She rolled more and finally decided that all this thinking was starting to hurt her sleep time. I'll just look at the time and if it's past one in the morning, I'll go to sleep and get help tomorrow. She sighed and picked up her phone. The brightness of it blinded her for a second.

     '2:42'

     "Yup, I need help. Good night, see you in the morning, Brain!" She flopped back on the bed and held her pillow to her face. This will help! And it did, a little, the pillow against her and the blankets wrapped around her felt like a big hug when coupled. A hug would be nice. No! Go to sleep! Sleep please!

---

     "Good morning." Shirou looked up from one of his books and caught sight of Michiru when she walked in. She looked tired, it was a little concerning. Something happened, he knew something had to have been happening. He could practically hear her brain overloading on something. She'd been blushing a lot and was a little jumpy lately. He'd have to ask Gem this time, he asked Melissa about it a couple times but she'd just start laughing and leave without giving any answers.

     "Good morning!" She smiled at them and sat in her chair, it was normal but something still felt off. She was doing something and it hurt a little for some reason. Melissa came in and put everyone's breakfast down. She gave Michiru a look and pat her before everyone started to eat. Yeah, something was wrong. He was a good detective and has lived over a thousand years, he'd figure it out. He needed to.

---

     "I'm going to the Mayor's office right now, are you coming?" Shirou looked over his shoulder at Michiru, she smiled at him.

       "Sorry, I was planning on talking to Nazuna today. But if I'm free I'll meet up with you after!" Her blush was a little hard to see with all her fur, but he knew it was there. He nodded hesitantly and closed the door behind himself. This feels a little weird, he was getting used to her company, it'd increased recently. He could survive a couple hours, he didn't need her that much. He didn't.

---

     "Nazuna, I need help!" Michiru whined while flapping on her bed. Said fox laughed at her and raised her eyebrows.

     "What happened to you? Did you revert back to a normal high school girl?" She laughed and Michiru started whining louder. "Alright, fine, what happened?" She sighed and crossed her legs, smile still very present.

     "I have a crush on someone and I've been trying to act normal for a while! This is hard, why do I want more now? I was fine before I figured it out, but now I know that I like him and I'm freaking out a little! Nazuna, you're my friend, I don't know what to do!" She flopped onto her back and huffed at the very amused and only mildly shocked Nazuna.

     "So, you figured it out? Congrats, you like Shirou and know about it!" She slow clapped with that self-satisfied look on her face.

     "I didn't say it was Shirou!" She blushed and whined into her pillow.

     "You didn't need to! I already knew!" She laughed.

     "Nazuna, I need help, not 'I told you so!'" She glared at her friend.