Chapter 11 - Storm Cleanup

A ringing woke up Shirou. He rolled over and picked up his phone. He didn't want the thing to wake up Michiru. With a sigh, he looked at his phone and saw the mayor on it. He picked up the phone and put it to his ear.

     "Good morning, Mayor."

     "Morning, Ogami. Due to the storm yesterday, I'll need your help cleaning up. I hope you don't mind coming out this early." He got out of his bed and walked over to the railing and looked out the windows, it was early but the storm had calmed into sheets of rain opposed to the windy mess it was yesterday. Looking down at his phone he checked the time. '4:43' He glanced at Michiru and then Kuro, both were still sleeping.

     "I don't mind, where do you want me?" He grabbed his coat and started to shrug it on.

     "In the square. I'll see you there, Ogami." She hung up and he put his phone in his pocket, sliding down the ladder and leaving for the square.

---

     Michiru woke up to Kuro suffocating her with his body. She pushed him off and rolled over. "Good morning." She smiled at Kuro and he just looked at her weird as she sat up. She rolled out of the blankets and folded them before walking out and through the hall. "Morning!" She smiled as she opened the door. Gem and Ayumu waved at her and Melissa smiled as she set breakfast on the table.

     "Morning, Michiru. Did you sleep well?" Melissa waved her over.

     "I slept fine." She sat in her chair.

     "Oh, I see Shirou already left?" Gem looked at Shirou's empty seat and the lack of any food left out for him.

     "Yeah, he left a little before five." Melissa sat down and Michiru glanced at the clock as she started to eat.

     '5:32'

     "Did he say why? It's still raining pretty hard." Ayumu glanced at the window, it was still early and the sun had just separated from the horizon.

     "He's helping the mayor clean up after that storm." Melissa answered.

     "Are you going to follow him?" Gem looked over at Michiru and she swallowed her food down. She looked up and glanced out the window.

     "Yeah, I think I will." She smiled. "I better hurry up, Shirou already left." Melissa smiled at her and Ayumu looked around for an explanation.

     "She usually leaves with Shirou." Gem waved his chopsticks at her as he spoke. Michiru nodded along and started to eat faster.

     "Make sure you don't choke." Melissa gave her a look and Michiru hummed.

---

     "Good morning, Ogami." Mayor Rose stood in front of the silver wolf statue with a red umbrella over her head and her body guard by her side with a green umbrella.

     "Where is the worst damage?" He stared at her and she glanced at him. He had no umbrella and just stood there, his coat acting as his only shield to the pouring rain.

     "The slums and the shoreline, they both flooded last night. Just check on the usual places." She looked back at the statue and he nodded. He was gone by the time she glanced over again.

     "Shall we go to your office?" Koichi came a little closer.

     "Sure, I'll alert Ogami once we get there." They started to walk to the office.

---

     Shirou went to the slums first, a lot of beastmen lived there. He paused for just a second when he saw it, he always did. The place was so run down, he wanted better for them. He stared at the muddy water and the higher buildings and small canoes that barely sheltered the beastmen from the elements. The rain was messing with his sense of smell. He sighed. He could move the boats to the buildings and check the pipes for clogging, maybe get the sick ones to the Medi-Cen. He nodded to himself, turned into his beast form, and headed in.