Chapter 8 - Shirou's Birthday

"Good morning!" Michiru smiled as she sat in her chair and Shirou sat in his. Melissa handed them their breakfast and Gem sat down in front of them, crossing his arms before looking at his wife.

     "Do we ask now?" He shifted his gaze to Shirou and Michiru. Melissa sighed and looked at the very confused beastmen at their table.

     "Let's have them eat first and then we'll ask." She handed Gem his breakfast and sat in her chair with her own.

     "Um, can you please explain?" Michiru tilted her head and Shirou just raised his eyebrows at them.

     "Happy birthday, Shirou! I walked into your room an hour ago and I'm trying to figure out what in the world is going on. Are you guys dating and not telling us?" Melissa blurt out and Gem just stared at them.

     "What?" Shirou's brows went higher and he glared a little at Michiru. She shrugged and blushed.

     "You guys are the second ones to say that, and no, we are not dating." Michiru's brow wrinkled at them as she tried to brush it off.

     "Then why were you in his bed?" Melissa seemed to be more diplomatic now. Shirou went full grumpy neutral faced and started to eat his breakfast.

     "I was on his bed not in it. We were talking about something, he was already up there when I came in, and I got tired while we were talking. So, we fell a sleeping and you came in this morning." Melissa and Gem nodded slowly and Shirou just ignored them. "Why was that your first thought?" Michiru sighed at them and started to eat too.

     "Trust me, it wouldn't have been if not for how suspicious we've been for the past month and a half." Gem sighed and then the doorbell rung. Everyone looked over and Shirou got up.

     "I'll get it." He walked out the door and down until he reached the front door. He opened it and saw Mayor Rose. "Good morning." He tried to strengthen his neutral for her.

     "Good morning and happy birthday, Ogami." She smiled at him but her eyes lingered on his cheeks a little. There was the most miniscule of rosy tints to his cheeks, he was feeling something new!

     "Thank you." He lip tilted at her and she handed him a new journal.

     "Here's your present." Her phone started to ring and she gave him an apologetic look before picking up. She looked up at him and covered the phone, "I'm sorry, I have to go. Have a nice day, Ogami!" She gave him a thumbs up before walking away with the phone still against her ear.

     I really need to get myself together.

---

     "I'm really sorry for assuming y'know." Melissa smiled as Michiru mixed the cake batter and she prepped the pans.

     "It's fine, it's my fault anyways. Shirou tried to kick me out after midnight and I was too tired and comfy to move. Besides, I already mentioned that someone else already said something similar." She smiled at her and started to pour the batter into the pans.

     "Really, who?" Melissa leaned on the counter and put on her oven mitts.

     "Remember that guy next door, his name is Asahi?" She finished pouring and Melissa opened the preheated oven.

     "Yeah, blond guy with the freckles." She closed the oven and set the timer.

     "Well I was hanging out with him a couple weeks ago and he asked if I was dating Shirou. He saw a bunch of things and interpreted them wrong. Like when we got food poisoning off of Jackie's ramen and were hobbling home, he thought we were cuddling and walking at the same time. He thought it was romantic, we were miserable and sick!" Michiru laughed and took their stuff to the sink.