chapter 14

- No. Stay. - he says almost to fast - I really am sorry for insulting you every time I get a chance, and your t-shirt was really pretty actually.

- It was a black shirt. There really is nothing special to it.

- Ok then. Your t-shirt was very plain and not especially pretty but just nice.

that puts a smile on my face. I guess i could forgive him now and still get my revenge later.

I go up to him and give him a soft hug.

- see, was that so hard? - I whisper, tightening the hug.

Nia p.o.v

Why did i have to get caught up in this mess? Of all the jobs available on the moon why did i have to get stuck with the one that, if not succeeded, will ruin all my chances of making my parents proud (also it could brake the hearts of millions who worship Michelle)

It was supposed to be an impressive assignment, not a hard one! Not everyone gets to come to earth, much less travel between the planes! and instead of traveling and buying (or stealing) souvenirs i'm here taking care of this weak human. I don't eve remember why i volunteered to do this, all I know is I regret it.

I get out of the kitchen with a bowl of soup on my hands, bringing it to Madison's bedroom.

- so how are you feeling ? - I ask, knowing the answer.

- Terrible, i feel like the only thing I can do is vomit, and I also have a massive headache, I already tried taking pills while you were gone, and it didn't help.

of course not idiot, pills cant fix what you have, tho i cant hold it against her for trying, i'm just kind of on edge after having all my tourist plans cancelled.

- can you eat soup? it would help you, i promise i didn't poison it.- i say with the same unbothered tone.

Honestly I think I kind of did, but in a good way, so its Ok. I'm not sure if the medicine from up there will help her, I'm no doctor, but I just want her to get good quickly. It would hurt my conscience if i left here alone, and i was the one who took a chunk out of her memories after all.

- yeah, I think I can.

- Good. I'll be outside. tell me if you need anything.

I leave in a hurry and go back to my spot at the window of the living room. If i can't be outside I might as well look at the outside, Madison's house really does have a breath taking view.

There isn't much to observe through the glass, mayfort is more of a quite town type, tho the sea waves are hypnotizing and calming at some point. 

The fact that instead of only having to take care of Emily, i also have to find out why Andrew can see through glamour, gave me the idea to make my fake dad go away and stay in the spare bedroom of Madison's house as a guest. like that i can save up my energy for when I need it while also giving me more time to explore earth.

- what are you looking at?

I turn around to Madison approaching me slowly

- I know you've never come to Mayfort before, or anywhere on this side of the planet for that matter, but you sure do love looking out the window, like this is something completely different.

- It's more mesmerizing then you'd ever care to consider. - I respond

- you can go and explore if you want to you know ? I hope I'm not keeping you from anything. I can take care of myself.

oh, that's nice, i guess Madison really does have i nice side when she's sick, or maybe not.

- your not just saying that to make me feel guilty and spoil you more aren't you ?

- Busted - she sighs - seriously though, you look out the window like your staring at another world.

- You have no idea...

- tell me about Thailand, I'm so sick that at this point i really could use any kind of distraction available.

Well stupidly enough I did not prepare for that. How could I not? ofcourse someone would ask me about Thailand!

- well... what do you know about Thailand?

- I know its very far away, but that's about it. so basically Nothing.

Well that's great, at least I don't have to be accurate.

- well it's really hot and sunny but not dry at all.

- Did I ask you to start talking about the climate?? Tell me something interesting, tell me about your friends, tell me all the tea

She says, getting a bit closer to me and leaning out the window just like me.

I can't believe the first person to ever ask me about my friends and the 'tea' is Madison. I guess there is no use in lying to her here, might as well rattle about people i hate.

- well, back where I come from, people never ask you about you day. It's a cold place for most. I don't have many friends, but i do hate a lot of people, everyone thinks they can boss you around, the worst part is, they actually can - Am I saying to much? I'm definitely saying to much -  I'm not telling you anything else now you tell me something.

- well, you know all about me, everyone does, I spend my days info dumping everyone with ridiculous details about my life.

Is it just me or is Madison being painfully honest with me right now. I have been spying her for the past days and she really didn't come as the type of person to do that. somethings wrong...

I know not much happened in this chapter but I just wanted you guys to get to know Nia a bit better and get to know her past a little bit more. Anyway I hope you liked it! see you next week!