XXXIX

ZELDA

"You sure you aren't taking us anywhere for a quick sabotage right?" Jungkook asks Jimin as we stand in a circle, ready to be teleported and this time I didn't hold back, hitting the back of his head.

"We're trusting you Jimin, and I'm sure you know what comes off when you deal with a God don't you?" I asked and he nod sincerely before extending his arms out and shutting his eyes.

"I hope you know what you're doing Zel-"

"Shut up and hold my hand Jungkook."

I heard a small whine before he clasped his hand securely with mine and in a split second I felt a wave of static electricity run through my veins and we were in a forest once again, the same place we found Jimin but rather inside.

The place looked isolated and empty and I turned to Jimin confused.

"Where the place little bee?" Jungkook asked, sarcasm lacing blissfully in his words and Jimin rolled his eyes before responding.

"Look under your feet," Jimin said to Jungkook motioning where to look with his head and Jungkook stepped back once and bent lower to push away some of the dead leaves that covered a wooden sheild seperating whatever lied beneath.

Jimin stepped closer and bent himself to open the covering wood and it was a very narrow and dark system underground.

"One person at a time, you two need to be behind me at all times, no one can know I'm about to decieve my father," Jimin said and there was that hint of a warning in his voice.

Jiminsat down on the ground then jumped in feet first and I turned to look at Jungkook before following suit, Jungkook jumped in third and the speed with which gravity worked underground was phenomenal.

Our bodies drift down in a strong and speedy pace till Jimin's feet finally reached the end point, he knew what to do, we didn't, me and Jungkook fall face first, feet sprawled and I only then felt the heavy weight on my body and I saw Jungkook on top of me, his eyes fixed their gaze at me and it didn't even take me a second to push him off and gulp at the way my heart beat quickened.

I got off the ground and dusted myself, walking straight to Jimin who was walking cautiously ahead of us.

"Please don't get caught before we encounter my father," Jimin said and I nod, turning to Jungkook who had his eyes on me only to return my gaze back to Jimin.

He took the flight of stairs and we were now at a higher point than we were before and soon enough the darkness was lifted, we were one with  brightness as we saw the man we were here for.

"Stay low, both of you," though Jimin clearly said 'both' he had his eyes specifically at Jungkook who tightened his jaw at him being called out like that.

"We only need the last two parts Sir," we heard another husky voice say to the man who had his back facing us.

"Not true, only one left," the man said before turning around and my eyes widened. There he had two parts of the Steele, lying lips on a duvet laid on a wooden plate.

"Well, as you promised, I need one part," the one with the husky voice said, he was far taller and leaner than Jimin's step father, neither of the two older men looked like they had any good intentions and I was starting to get worried about the safety of our Steele.

"Oh, yes of course Joonyoung, you helped me follow Jimin like a tail and know where he hides his precious finds, of course you deserve your share," Jimin's step father said and i knew he had some card up his sleeve with his choice of words.

The man extended the wooden plate with two pieces of the Steele towards Joonyoung- the man who apparently followed after Jimin to make sure he wasn't a traitor.

Joonyoung smirked before lowering his hand for the bigger piece of the Steele and my fingers clenched in my fist at the realisation.

At the touch of Joonyoung's fingertip the Steele that looked so very dull seconds ago, brightened more than the prettiest stars, almost blinding as I had to shut my eyes at the light it emitted.

'The Steele is a sacred device, it cannot be touched by the tainted hands if mere human souls. If at any point it happens, the mortal wouldn't live for another puff of air, falling down to his death and disappearing into the ground.' I remembered Minjun's words- the sorcerer who trained me in Agartha.

When I opened my eyes I saw the Steele back in a dull shade and Joonyoung who was hale and hearty seconds ago, on the floor, his skin turned to sand as it fell on the floor and only his skeleton remained.

The sight was gruesome and Jimin's step father only smiled at the Steele that was in his possession.

"I think he knows I betrayed him," Jimin said next to me and I turned to see him all nervous, his fingers piercing his own skin and I went to take a gentle hold of his hand.

"He too is a mortal Jimin, you know damn well he has no authority over you, you're not only condemned to me but also under my wings, I wouldn't let a sinner like him touch you." I said genuinely and he smiled small before turning to his father who was busy hiding the parts of the Steele in a cell. Closing it up securely and I noticed the latest version of a safe he placed the Steele in.

The man looked at the skeleton lying limp on the floor but paid no mind to it and simply left the place. We waited for a good five minutes to make sure we would be left undisturbed while we confiscated the Steele.

"We've gotta jump," Jimin told us, from where we were hidden it couldn't have been all too bad.

"Activate your powers before you do, this place gives me trust issues," Jungkook said honestly and we did, our eyes going back to their natural shade and Jimin went down first. Being the hellhound he was, protected of the gates of hell, he watched the surrounding and motioned for us to step down and I do so as well.

Right as we breathed freely there was a low animalistic growl heard behind us and I watched Jimin who had his eyes fixed at something behind me.

"Fuck."

TBC