XXIII

ZELDA

At the last turn where stood over a crowd of hellhounds and spirits that fell out of the clutches of hell, Yuqi disappeared and I thought back to what Tae said to me while he was here with us. We were now an inch closer to the Steele.

Jungkook went on to fight them, his fists in flames as his eyes went a deep shade of orange and red, his fangs stuck out as he gnashed his teeth, a throaty laugh was heard around as the spirits collide together to form a creature I never heard about, trying to think back to whatever Minjun taught me back in Agartha, the creature grew larger in size as the last hellhound merged with them, two horns bearing out as the creature stood at a strong height of 9 feet, hooves for feet as its fangs grew larger than any I'd learned about.

My heartbeat rose by a millisecond as I felt the rush of blood within me, my eyes burning more than before when I felt the immense negative energy they fueled in me. Jungkook on my side levitated up, his body emitting shades of fire as he whispers his spells, emitting flames on the monster in front of us. But of course, fire can't fight a fire.

I fell to my knees as the two fought, the similar pain along my head and back returning to the point where I felt my body rip in too, I bent to have my head on the floor, the pain growing on me. It felt like my shoulders and spine were only in inch further from being dislocated and ripped apart, I let out a whimper and turned to look at the chaos in front of me.

Fire all around the concrete walls as Jungkook tried to fight the monster, I felt a flaming liquid cascade down from my tear ducts and I gulped, the feeling of my shoulder bones being broken enlargening. After seconds that felt like forever, inflicted pain across my body, I look again, Jungkook always managed to throw down the creature only till it got back up, stronger than before.

I screamed in pain and for a split second Jungkook whipped his head to the side to look at me, the split second of distraction throwing him down to the floor as the monster got back at him. Now looking towards me. The hot liquid fell down my eyes and I could feel the bones around my upper spine moving inside my body till in a second the pain broke out at once.

I started levitating and so did Jungkook after the strong strike, my vision started to be completely crystal white, any individual in front of me being in the shade of black and grey while their surroundings turned white. Almost like my lenses showed me filters of my surrounding.

I looked to my side to see wings larger than me on either side, the similar flaming liquid turning to fall down my veins and palm lines, I lifted my hands to face the monster as I had now levitated to a point closer to the monster caught off guard, it got back to its senses throwing daggers and blasts of flame towards me and a spell I never learnt infiltrated my thoughts.

"Gargorath ad mortemous," I whispered and the flaming hot liquid that looked black in color through my vision, blew out of my palms towards the monster at my height now, its body visibly started to melt and a gruesome sight to watch as the hellhounds and spirits that merged to form its body now fell limp back to their natural form, their souls leaving their body as they cried in the burn they felt, my vision started to come back to me like the colors of the world were visible to me now, the wings on my back slowly bringing me down to stand on my feet where I took a huge breath in.

The burns around my body lessened and when I looked back at my wings they were retracting back. Jungkook walked towards the endpoint where we could see something shine, brightening the dark concrete cell more than anything else, he lifted it up only to see that it wasn't the entire portion of the Steele, as good as three-fourths of the actual element. He picked it up, holding tightly onto it and walked back to where I stood, a bit of surprise in his eyes but he maintained his composure.

He stood close to me and lifted my palm, holding on tight before closing his eyes, and in only seconds we were back home.

A sense of calm washed over me when I came in touch with the surroundings of my home, it only increasing as I saw Yuqi there. I was about to go to her when Jungkook stopped me, holding onto my wrist softly.

I looked up at him and he had his eyebrows knit in a frown.

"What exactly are you?"

TBC