Standing next to his wife, his fathers demeanour changed instantly, no longer laid back, a scowl crossing across his face as he said "What? How? I thought we'd raised you better than this."

Kissing Niall's cheek as the younger boy looked up at him, Liam stood up straighter, glaring back at his parents before saying "As for the how, Dad, I don't think you really want all the details. The what, now that is a little harder to explain, but don't forget, you didn't raise me. Margot, your ex house keeper raised me, before the two of you sent me off to boarding school, that is."

Opening and closing his mouth, Liam's father turned an interesting shade of purple, exchanging a look with his wife before grabbing Liam's arm, pulling him away from Niall and yanking him out of the room, leaving Niall stood with Liam's mother as he snapped "Don't be smart with me. Your sisters would never be so stupid. How could you be so stupid?"

Sitting on one of the leather couches, Liam's mother rearranged her scarf, careful not to tangle it with her brooch before she muttered "Geoff isn't ..... It's just a shock."

Sitting down opposite her, Niall wrapped an arm around his stomach, hugging himself as he said "You don't ... You don't have to pretend to be pleased."

"As I said, it's just a shock. I'm not displeased, I just never knew my son was.... Was gay. How, how did you meet my son, anyway?" Staring at Niall as she spoke, Liam's mother shifted uncomfortably, trying not to glance toward the door after her husband.

Sighing, Niall bit his lip, sounding older than twenty three as he tried to censor his version of events before saying "Liam is technically Bi. I first met Liam at a bar, Mrs Payne. I was - how did I put it? - celebrating the worst day of my life, when your son came and talked to me and bought me a drink. One thing led to another, and... Well, you get the rest."

Nodding, Liam's mother winced slightly before saying "You can call me Karen. You are the parent of my first grandchild, after all, illegitimate or not. Do you live with my son or..."

Cringing at the word illegitimate, Niall bit his lip, looking for anyway out of the room and away from Liam's mother as he once again stared around the room, curious over the lack of photos or any record to show that Liam had grown up there.

"I live in one of Liam's spare rooms. I got evicted and he let me move in with him, like the nice guy he is. You don't have to answer this, but why does Liam never speak of you? He's never spoke about his family and I had no idea he even had sisters." Nodding slightly, Niall coughed, rubbing his back before he spoke.

"He's never been close with us. He grew up in boarding school whilst his father and I built up a company. He was closer to his father, though..... Would you like some tea?" Changing the subject, Karen stood up, smoothing out the creases in her trousers as she spoke, gesturing to one of the many maids seeming appearing out of nowhere.

Frowning slightly, Niall wrinkled his nose, swallowing a sudden wave of nausea as he asked "Do you have camomile?"

Watching as the maid bustled around the room, handing Niall a cup of tea, Karen sat back on her sofa, staring curiously at Niall before she asked "How old are you exactly?"

"He's twenty three. Twenty four in... September. The thirteenth, right?" Walking back into the room, Liam smiled at Niall as he sat down next to him, raising an eyebrow at his mothers question as he asked Niall "Are you okay?"

Shaking his head, Niall resisted the urge to vomit as he whispered "No. Where's the nearest bathroom?"

Standing back up, Liam helped Niall up, silently heading in the direction of the toilet as his mother asked "What's wrong? Liam?"