Chapter 2

Liam's p.o.v

His head snapping back, Liam looked like he'd just been slapped. This couldn't be happening.

They'd used a fucking condom.

It wasn't possible.

He was always careful.

No way was this happening. It had to be a dream. A terrible dream that he would wake up from and would eventually be able to laugh about.

It had to be a dream. An awful, entirely too realistic dream, but still a dream.

"Liam?"

Staring at him, Niall's bright blue eyes distracted Liam, ending any hope he had of this not happening.

Those blue eyes were entirely to real to be a dream.

Pulling at his shirt collar, Liam mentally counted to ten before he said, "What? Are you sure? It could just be flu, you could be wrong..."

Sighing, Niall looked like he wanted to throw up again as he said, "I'm sure. If the vomiting and this is anything to go by, then I'm definitely..." Pulling his shirt up slightly as he spoke, Niall pointed out what looked like the beginnings of a baby bump, undeniable proof of their current situation, prompting Liam to run a hand over his face before he asked, "And it's definitely mine?"

Clenching his jaw, Niall looked like he wanted nothing more than to slap Liam for that comment as he nodded. "Yes. It's definitely yours."

Meeting Niall's gaze, Liam noticed for the first just how much younger than him Niall actually was, having the grace to look ashamed and apologise as he said, "Sorry... What do you want to do? Do you want to keep it or what?"

Wrapping his arms around himself, Niall shrugged slightly as he murmured, "I hadn't really thought about it. I'd suspected for awhile, but I hadn't actually thought about what I was going to do."

Not really thinking, Liam didn't realise how insensitive and cold he sounded as he asked, "Why don't you get an abortion? It would make things easier on you, on both of us. You're only twenty-three, you could still have a life. Why not get an abortion and put this whole thing behind you?"

Looking like he'd just been slapped, Niall glared at Liam before he said, "I may not have thought about what I was going to do, but I won't kill it. It, this baby, is a living being. A person. It's practically murder."

Taking a deep breath, Niall tried to calm down slightly as he continued, "Listen, since you obviously don't want this, I'll just leave. I already told you that I don't expect anything from you, I'm sorry I bothered you with this."

Watching as the younger guy made his way towards the door, Liam struggled to think.

In the space of ten minutes, he'd learned that he managed to knock up some poor, unemployed, way younger than he was, twenty-three-year-old, he'd managed to piss off said twenty-three-year-old and now... Well, now he was fucked.

Sliding off of his chair, Liam leaned his head against the cupboard door, daring to picture himself with a family.

Teaching his son how to play football and how to tie a tie, or watching a little girl at her first dance recital. Standing up, Liam stared at the open door, not wanting to admit to himself that he wanted that. He wanted everything he'd just pictured.

Cursing to himself, Liam hesitated for a moment before running after Niall, eventually catching up with him in the buildings lobby. Trying to ignore the questioning looks from his neighbours and the doormen, he called out, "Niall! That... Didn't come out right. I didn't mean it, not like that, can we go back upstairs and talk about this? Please?"

Turning around, Niall glared at him, folding his arms and sighing before he shrugged. "Liam, you don't have to pretend to care. I get it. This isn't convenient for you... I won't bother you again."

Glaring at his neighbours, most of whom had now gathered around to watch the unfolding scene, Liam grabbed Nialls arm and pulled him in the direction of the elevator before he asked, "Look, can we just talk about this? In private?"

Yanking his arm free, Niall resisted the urge to give the spectators watching them the finger before he followed Liam into the lift, muttering, "You didn't have to manhandle me."

Managing to look ashamed, Liam tried his best to sound apologetic, counting to ten before he said, "Sorry. Can we please try this again?"

Following Liam out of the lift, Niall wrapped his arms around his stomach as he said, "What is it that you have to say? I thouht you made your opinion on... This clear."

Shutting the door after Niall, Liam sighed before he muttered, "I didn't intend to say that. For it to sound the way it did..."

Not bothering to reply, Niall looked at him, obviously taking in the uncreased shirt, suit trousers and the rolex watch before sitting back in the stool he'd departed.

Sitting opposite him, Liam sighed at the look of disbelief as he said, "Really, Niall."

Finally bothering to speak, Niall looked like he wanted to puke as he asked, "So how did you mean it to sound? You meant that I should get an abortion, kill human life before it has the chance to start, in a nice way? What did you intend to say? 'Cause from where I'm sat, there is no nice way to say that. Oh, and FYI, I intend to keep it, no matter what."

Unable to meet his bright blue eyes, Liam focused on Niall's shoes as he said, "I didn't mean what I said. I want a chance to be involved. I want to be there, for everything. Niall... It takes two to make a baby, and I'm just as responsible as you are."

Looking Liam in the eye, Niall smiled softly before saying, "If that's what you want, then great. You can be as involved as you want. God knows, I can't do this on my own..."

Smiling back at him, Liam, ignoring the fact that they were practical strangers, only bound by the unfortunate splitting of a condom, looking down at Niall and squeezing his hand before he said, "Call me whenever. If there's anything you need... Or you just need to talk to me, call me. Whatever it is. You have my number, you know where I live, I mean it when I say that I want to be involved."

Nodding, Niall stood up and covered his mouth with his hand before running in the direction of the bathroom.

Pulling out his phone, Liam's smile faded as he finally answered a call. "Hey, I know we had plans tonight, but raincheck? I'm really sorry, Love, but something came up. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

__________________

Hey guys...

Can I just say that I mean no offence by anything expressed in this chapters, the views on abortion are only there cause they fit my story line and I mean nothing by them.

I've been wanting to write this book for a while now, I'd love to see what you think...