Prologue

Liam's p.o.v

Sat at the end of the bar, he felt ridiculous.

This place wasn't really his scene, but at least, no one would recognise him. Glancing down at his phone, Liam sighed.

Hey, Li can't c u 2nite :(

have fun will try 2 c u 2morrow

S xxx

Great.

Now he was stuck in some tiny Irish bar, nursing a crappy whiskey, surrounded drunkards. Not counting the cute blonde stood at the bar. Now he looked interesting. Cute, probably about ten years younger than him, but definitely doable.

Walking over to him, Liam heard a cute accent, sounded Irish, and saw the signs that the guy was way past sober, and on the way to being pissed out of his skull.

Setting his drink down, Liam stood next to him, analysing the selection of drinks littering the bar before saying, "Hey..."

Staring at him, the blonde smirked slightly before he said, "Hi. Is there a reason you came over here, as I'm in the middle of something..."

He hadn't expected to be blown off instantly. That was not something he was used to.

"Middle of what, exactly? As from where I'm standing, it looks like you're trying to destroy your kidney and liver function."

Turning to face him, the Irish guy frowned, taking a big gulp of his drink before he muttered, "Why did you even care? It's not like I know you. I don't even know your name."

Ordering another whiskey, Liam nodded before he said, "I'm Liam."

Finishing his drink the blonde frowned briefly before saying, "Niall."

Finishing the rest of his whiskey, Liam shook his head before asking, "Since you now know my name, care to tell me why you're attempting to drink this place dry?"

Downing another shot, Niall spluttered slightly before spitting, "I'm celebrating the worse day of my entire life. I get made redundant from my job, despite only having worked there for three months after Uni, I get back to my flat to find that the landlord is increasing my rent by five hundred quid. I get into my flat and find my best friend having sex on my couch with my ex-boyfriend, not that he knows who he is, having broken the only possession of mine that had any actual value, which I was planning to sell to pay the aforementioned rent increase. Reason enough?"

Blinking slightly, Liam exhaled loudly before saying, "Shit. Well, mind if I join you? I never liked drinking alone...what are you drinking?"

Looking up at Liam with bright blue eyes, Niall gestured to the empty seat next to his as he said, "Vodka rocks."

Nodding at the bartender, Liam smirked as he said, "That it does."

*************

Opening his eyes, Liam winced as the bright morning light assaulted his senses. Rolling over, he noticed the other person in his bed.

It was definitely his bed, though, he'd recognise the sheets anywhere.

He didn't, however, recognise the guy on his sheets.

Sitting up, he recognised the mop of blonde brown hair, and the bright blue eyes watching him.

Those bright blue eyes.

Three hours, and an innumerable amount of shots later, Liam resisted the urge to puke as he said, "Last call, Niall. I think we need to leave."

Stumbling slightly, the Irishman's blue eyes sparkled as he slurred, "Thank you for this evening, Liam...whatever your last name is, I should call a cab..."

Not liking the idea of saying goodbye to the blonde so abruptly, Liam ignored the small voice in his head telling it was a bad idea as he said, "You could come back to my place...you know, in case your best friend is still busy with your ex..."

Looking up at him, Niall's blue eyes lit up as he mumbled, "That'd be great."

Sitting up next to Liam, Niall muttered, "We didn't...? Please, tell me we didn't..."

Pulling the sheets closer around him, Liam couldn't quite meet Niall's gaze as he said, "We did."

Screwing his face up against the bright sunshine, Niall looked like he wanted the earth to swallow him up as he murmured, "Tell me you used a condom, please, please say we did."

Looking down at the sheets, Liam tried not to let himself look down at Niall as let out a sigh of relief, saying, "We did."

Standing up, Liam caught another glimpse of those bright blue eyes, trying to push away the sense of unease as he said, "Listen, Niall, I don't normally do the whole one night stand thing. A relationship, any type of relationship isn't...practical for me right now, but..."

Retrieving his clothes from the floor, Niall nodded before mumbling, "I understand. Have...have you seen my shirt? I'll...leave."

Handing Niall his shirt, Liam tried not to feel awkward as he watched Niall limp out of the door.