53. Unconscious realizations

Remy stirred, groggily waking to a soft voice and his Sand hissing in his ear.

'Waking' was a strong word, being that his eyelids felt like lead and his head was far too stuffed with Dream Sand and cotton to even process thought.

Feelings though, that he could process. His sense of touch was extremely heightened for some reason. Dream Sand was wrapped around him and squeezing him slightly, not unlike a boa on a branch. Not the best analogy he could come up with but the hissing reminded him of a snake...

Hissing?

Why was his Sand hissing?

Grunting, the Aspect tried to force his eyes open, the Dream Sand around him squeezed tight in two quick successions and then eased back into it's firm though none-less strong hold. The Sand was protecting him from something.

"Hello Dream Keeper! Lovely to see you again Little one~"

----

Thomas frowned.

The black streak on the blade was slowly disappearing. Oddly enough, it reminded him of a rapidly emptying syringe.

He was going to question if anyone else thought the same but the before he could, the black had disappeared completely-

Sleep's eyes snapped open.

‐‐--

Remy wakes with a gasp.

His nose is bleeding and his core is racing.

The worried faces of the others spin slowly in his vision and the Aspect takes a second to blink back the nausea.

It's a belated moment but he realizes that the Twins and Anxiety were still asleep, meaning that he hadn't been out for long.

Good.

He hadn't missed an entire day like he thought.

Taking a deep breath and bracing himself, Sleep wriggles his way out of Fairy Godmother's hold- actually she puts him on his feet when he began squirming, but still- he wipes his nose with the back of his hand.

The Aspect successfully stands but leans shakily on the Fairy as he addresses the room.

"I know the Dragon Witch's plan"

-----

"You may not believe me but I was with those three", Remy continues gesturing at the three sleeping Sides, "in a connected subconscious created by my Sand-" .

Thomas cuts in with a nervous chuckle,"Uh yeah, about that Sleep", he shrugs sheepishly, "we kinda saw? I asked your Sand by accident and it showed us"

The Aspect blinks and then shrugs himself, "well that's less explaining for me to do...", he shakes his head, "anyway, I just talked to Her. When Roman killed the last Dragon Witch, a new one wasn't reborn, instead she reformed. It's the same Witch!"

"What?!" Exclaimes Logan jilted, as he points to the Side in his lap. "That's not possible,Roman decapitated her, there was nothing she could have reformed from!"

Remy sighs, "that's what I was told and what I thought too, but the more she spoke the more I realized that She was the same one"

"And what did she tell you Dream Keeper?"

The Guardian locked eyes with the Serpent, "she told me about her three daughters, her right hand Witch and the fact that she always wanted sons. She told me she considered Roman a son and Remus by like default but then they became failures and traitors in her eyes", he glanced at his sleeping cousins, took a deep breath and continued. "She said before either of them she had another, an emotion she apparently trusted, but he lied to her... and she cursed him as an example..."