16. Dreams

Has finals on Monday, still writes fanfic on Sunday, life XD

----

The four were curled up together.

Logan on the right, clutching onto Morality who held the curled up Anxiety, while Roman was on the left doing the same.

All four were asleep.

It wasn't a peaceful or deep sleep by any means, as a matter of fact every time Anxiety so much as twitched, the three of them would wake.

They were scared, that much was obvious, but it's not like the fear was unwarranted, there was no way it was just a coincidence that all four of them had a nightmare of the same thing, at the same time.

Each had nightmares the night prior and to have more again brought about a feeling of dread.
What if...what if it became real?

The sleeping Anxiety shifted in the father's arms, three sets of brown eyes opened. Logic, Morality and Prince shared a look.

Would they really lose their youngest?

----

Morality didn't know what time it was but he knew it hadn't been long, even though the embrace he was locked in with the others felt like forever.

He wanted to ask the other two if they knew the time, or at the very least how long till sunrise. The Parental was well aware that day break wouldn't magically fix the problem, but he held onto the small hope that if Anxiety held on till morning, he'd hold on till the next day and then the next.

He wanted to ask but Logan's head was buried on the side of his lower stomach, the Teacher had drifted into a light doze. He looked over the Anxiety on his chest to see Roman, the Prince was fighting with his eye-lids.

The father sighed.

This going to be a long night.

---

Morality had just slipped into a light doze when Anxiety shifted again for the umpteenth time. The Parent moved slightly to adjust the younger, hoping to the heavens that the dark personality wasn't having a nightmare.

Logic pressed closer, having been woken by the movement, he stretched his hand out, barely reaching the hem of Anxiety's hoodie. The Teacher gripped the black material, his reassurance that the youngest was still there.

Prince, who had accidentally let go of his opposite when he was battling with his eyes, jolted slightly and quickly but gently, placed his hand upon the younger's.

In response, Anxiety's face scrunched up and he shifted, moving out of Logic's grip with a huff and small whine. He shifted and shifted again, right out of Morality's arms and onto Princey's chest.

The youngest personality then curled onto his opposite, settling contentedly atop the Royal's silken pj's. Instinctively one of Prince's hands wrapped around Anxiety's waist, while the other was placed in the darker's hair.

Roman blinked and for a moment the atmosphere of the room lightened.
Morality giggled, Logic quirked a brow, a small smile on his face.

The Prince just shrugged in acceptance, carding his fingers through Anxiety's hair, "I was wondering when...", he chuckled, "I was beginning to feel replaced", the younger sighed, leaning into the touch.

"I don't think I can replace you Princey-", stared Dad with a small smirk.

"Of course not, I'm Royalty after all", mocked Roman, easily playing along.

Logic rolled his eyes.
"Yes, a Royal pain"

"Hey!" Whisper shouted Prince.

"Nice!"

"Morality don't encourage him!"

They all laughed lightly, a small break in the ever encompassing silence. Their fear was still there but it helped to smile.

The trio looked fondly at their youngest, Anxiety remained asleep, only shifting once before re-settling and wrapping his arms around his opposite.

"Who would have thought he was a cuddler, hmm?" Commented the father.

"Well hugging and or cuddling is usually good for calming down anxiety so..."

"Logan!" Chided the Parental, he was smiling.

"What? I'm simply stating why he might enjoy it", so was the Teacher.

"Honestly"

"It's facts Morality"

"I swear-"

Prince happily watched the elder two "bicker" like an old married couple, honestly it was quite amusin-

Suddenly Anxiety frowned, legs curling and hands clenching. He bent in on himself- well he tried, the position he was in meant that he was squeezing Roman's midsection.