46. Go with Knowledge to find

"A plan..." Logan sighs, scratching his head before placing a hand to his chin as he begins to pace.

The Group was now sitting in a crooked semicircle around the fire, looking attentively at the Teacher. The Duke and Deceit, were the closest to the fire, followed by Thomas, Anxiety and Morality leaning on the cave wall behind them. On the opposite wall sat Roman and Remy.

Logan huffs.

"I'll need some time to actually come up with something concrete, I can mull it over...", he trails off as he looks at seven tired and or dirty faces, "but I believe if I list out what we know, what we don't know and what we want to know, then I can ramble us into something semi-coherent"

It's Thomas who then speaks. Easily encouraging his Logical Side to begin the process.

The Host having given him permission, the Teacher wastes no time in getting started. He grabs one of the sticks from out the fire and uses it to draw bullet points as he makes a list in the dirt.

Unfortunately, with the pale light of the fire, only Logan could actually see what he was writing. Still, the Secondary had said he wanted to ramble and ramble he did.

" First and foremost", starts Logan, " we need to protect Thomas at all costs"

That sentence was double underlined in the damp dirt and everyone, save the Host himself, nodded immediately in agreement

"In order to do that, we need a safer means of shelter", Logic circles the word 'shelter' then gestures to the Side half-laying-and-half-sitting in the Duke's hold. "Deceit has given us a time limit for our current location, but we need to find another one soon"

The others glance among them, faces grim but pensive.

"Next", continues Logan, " there is the matter of Ericsson's machine and well... Ericsson himself-"

"Hey, yeah wait, that machine", cuts Thomas, leaning forward with an outstretched index finger. "... uh what exactly does it do? I'm still not in the loop here you guys"

The flames crackle in the background.

Roman clears his throat.

" Ah, I guess, it's my turn to explain things then", the Prince rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. "Well you see Thomas..."

-----

"So wait, finding this Machine..is this what you guys were doing for the past two months?"

Roman cringed, "uh, about that Thomas...it's actually only been about two or three days since we saw you?"

"What?!" The Host sits up straight in shock, " It's been way more than that! How's that possible?"

"Somehow the time in the Mindscape changed and we didn't realize it until recently", chimes Patton in with a wince and a shrug.

Shaking his head in confusion, Remy holds up both hands in front of him. "Wait, hold up I got a question", starts the Aspect as he looks to the Manifestor. "If you knew they were gone for so long, why didn't you try to summon them?"

Thomas shrugs lightly. "Well, last time Roman and Patton were busy and Anxiety was still recovering from being sick and we just had a video with only two Sides and- and I didn't want to push... but yeah"

Roman stands up at this. "What about your videos?! Your fans Thomas! What-"

"Oh don't worry about that, Joan and Talyn and a few of my other friends helped me make some videos..." Replies the Host now looking sheepish, " I just kinda... y'know, played all of your parts and mine, heh?"