6.

Warning: mentions of suicide in this chapter

My body jolts awake, like a surge of electricity. I open my eyes to see Jimin, peacefully asleep. I try pulling away from his iron grip, but no avail. If anything, he holds onto me tighter. My cheeks start to heat up. I huff the few strands of hair out of my face. 

I won’t be going anywhere any time soon. 

I’m not complaining. Oh no. 

Wait. Wait did I just..?

Mi Sun smirks and nods her head at my situation. She sits beside me, those blonde locks drifting over her bare shoulders. 

“A dancer and he knows ballet. Not the kind of guy I’d put you with. But he, like you, needs someone around.” she ruffles Jimin’s dark hair. “And like you, he has his own struggles. You hide a lot behind your smile and hours spent here. Making sure you don’t let your mind speak. Making sure you never let it have the chance. Making sure that loop never plays.”

Jimin lifts his leg up, his eyes briefly open. A shy smile slides onto his lips as he hides in my neck. I swallow the lump in my throat. 

Think about something else than him. Think about something else than him. 

“Good morning, Soon-ah,” he tenderly whispers in my ear. 

Well. That clearly didn’t work at all. All I can think about is him. 

I stare at the wall, trying not to overthink our current circumstance. 

Nothing happened. Nothing happened. Why are you so scared? Why are you trembling at his touch?

Mi Sun sneers. 

“The only thing that happened Soonie, is a good thing. You are confirming your feelings towards him. Stop lying to yourself. Loving someone isn’t a crime.”

“Good morning, Jimin,” I finally reply. I can feel his smile on my skin which sends my heart racing. “H-How are you feeling? Any better?”

“Much better,” he yawns and snuggles closer. I bite my lip and try to contain my rapid pulse. He looks up at me. “Did you get any sleep?” 

I shrug my shoulders. “I think I got some.”

“I’m sorry.”

I’m taken back by his words. 

“You don’t have to apologize. I wanted to help. I don’t mind losing sleep over you. As long as you’re feeling more like yourself.” I internally kick myself for sounding so cliche and clingy. 

I’m not the best at this---whatever it's called. Especially towards a guy that---yeah, a guy I care about. A lot

Oh, help me. I sound like a purebred moron. 

Jimin stretches out then rolls over to the other side. I stare at his back, unintentionally taking in the curves and dents in his elaborate figure. I tear my gaze away. My entire body is burning like a fire. I press my hand against my chest. The ground-shaking pounding doesn’t stop. If anything, it becomes more rampant. 

Mi Sun wiggles her eyebrows together. But in a flash, her head snaps towards the door.

“Someone’s coming.”

The footsteps get louder. Their shadow covers the window. I clamp both hands onto Jimin’s shoulders and drag him behind the stack of chairs. 

He pouts and searches my face for an answer. I press my fingers to his lips.