“Wait, why did you apply to Columbia? Columbia is in New York.”

“I know. I just did it on a whim. I don’t know if I’ll even get accepted or will even be able to afford it if I do but…I wanted to just see.  If not, I’ll just go to college here.”

“Sammy I’m scared of moving all the way to New York. I don’t even know how Harry and I are going to make this work. It’s so stressful to think about moving to a huge city where we won’t know anyone. I’m so nervous.”

Sammy laughed and shook her head.

“Grace you are going to have Harry and Liam. You’re going to be great.”

“I know I will be. You know how much I worry.”

“Yeah, I know.”

……………

Now, I laid back on my bed, thinking about everything. It was two in the morning but I couldn’t sleep. I tried, but I couldn’t. I closed my eyes but jerked them open when I heard a noise coming from my balcony outside. I tried to calm down because my door was locked but I couldn’t help assuming the worst. Something clanked against the medal rails and I tried to be rational, knowing it was probably just a branch or the wind. But then something hit the glass and I jumped out of bed. I was about to run into the hallway when I noticed a silhouette just outside the French doors. It was Harry. I knew it. I sighed and walked over to my door, unlocking it.

“Harry! You scared me.”

“I’m sorry baby. What are you doing up? Why aren’t you sleeping?”

“I couldn’t. I was trying to but I just couldn’t.” I explained.

“Oh. Well I…”

“You told me you would never climb my balcony.” I interrupted him.

“I guess I lied.”

“Why are you here?”

“I needed to see you. I uh couldn’t sleep. I had to tell you.”

“Tell me what Harry?”

His green eyes regarded me with a look of uncertainty and hesitation as he sat down at the foot of my bed.

“It’s about New York.”

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Well I have some pretty good news. Gem’s boyfriend, Ashton bought this café slash bakery in New York. He owns it.”

“Okay.”

“Well it’s actually doing really well. It’s close to NYU, right in Greenwich Village and is really getting good business and bringing in some big bucks.”