“I still don’t like him.”

“I know but…actually, I think you two would like each other if…”

“We weren’t fighting over the same girl?”

I gave him a look and he smiled.

“I was going to say if you both gave it a shot. I mean, weren’t you the first person he met here because he lives in your neighborhood? When he first walked into our homeroom you were all excited, having a bromance or whatever.”

Liam narrowed his brown eyes at me and pointed a finger in my direction.

“Stop.”

“Fine. I’m just saying.”

Liam watched me ring up the last few customers at eight thirty five.

“So is Harry coming here?” he asked me as we cleaned tables.

“Um…he told me to text him when I got off. Maybe we can ride together and just meet him there?”

Liam nodded as I texted Harry.

Me: Hey baby, Sammy and Cal want us to go to a club with them tonight. Liam is already here and wants to come with us. Do you want to meet us there?

Harry: What club?

Me: Esno? I think.

Harry: Okay. I’ll meet you there. Be careful.

I read the response about twenty times. Maybe he was just tired but I felt like something was wrong with him. I had expected him to be making jokes and talking about how much fun we had last night. Maybe I was just overreacting.

Me: I will. I love you Harry.

Harry: I love you too baby, so much.

I smiled, pleased with his last message.

“Okay let me finish closing up. Harry’s going to meet us there.”

Liam nodded, playing with his phone in one hand while cleaning a table in the other hand. I stood there watching him, smiling because he looked so young.

“You are such a teenager.”

“Yeah. I’m pretty sure that’s what I am.” Liam laughed.

After about twenty minutes, Liam and I were in his BMW, driving to this club after making a quick stop at my house so that I could change. Liam had to stop at an ATM and grumbled the whole way. I laughed at him while putting my makeup on.