Dominic Carahn the Warlock

Concept:

I have a warlock who made a pact with Tiamat, goddess of chromatic dragons. He is a blue dragonborn by the name of Dominic Carahn. Or Dom for short.

He was captured at a young age by the drow and made a slave. Cut to 15 years later and he's made a pact with Tiamat for his "freedom" (he doesn't know it yet but he never stopped being a slave, it was just the ownership that changed.) The deal was he'd get power in exchange for a lifetime of servitude.

He's also lawful evil because he is a blue dragon, and because of the 15 years of slavery he is incredibly bitter. He only trusts other dragonborn and other slaves either still in service or escaped. He has a deep hatred of Drow and anybody who owns or sells slaves. If you get in his way he WILL kill you, no questions asked. Other than that he's pretty chill and doesn't talk much. He does have a soft spot for children though, mostly because he never had a childhood, he wants to spare others from a similar fate. Admittedly he does take an almost gleeful pleasure in killing other people good or bad.

Race: Dragonborn
Class: Warlock
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Level: 2
Hit points: 15
Armour class: 12
Background: Acolyte
Feature: Shelter of the Faithful

As an acolyte, you command the respect of those who share your faith, and you can perform the religious ceremonies of your deity. You and your adventuring companions can expect to receive free healing and care at a temple, shrine, or other established presence of your faith, though you must provide any material components needed for spells. Those who share your religion will support you (but only you) at a modest lifestyle.

You might also have ties to a specific temple dedicated to your chosen deity or pantheon, and you have a residence there. This could be the temple where you used to serve, if you remain on good terms with it, or a temple where you have found a new home. While near your temple, you can call upon the priests for assistance, provided the assistance you ask for is not hazardous and you remain in good standing with your temple.
Gender: Male
Eyes: Yellow
Size: Medium
Height: 6'4
Faith: Tiamat
Hair: None
Skin: Blue scales
Age: 27
Weight: 235

Personality Traits: I am intolerant of other faiths and condemn the worship of other gods. I don't run from evil. Evil runs from me. I refuse to become a victim, and I will not allow others to be victimized.

Ideals: Power. I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith's religious hierarchy. (Lawful) I'm a monster that destroys other monsters, and anything else that gets in my way. (Evil)

Bonds: I seek to preserve a sacred text that my enemies consider heretical and seek to destroy. I will bring terrible wrath down on the evildoers who destroyed my homeland. I am the last of my tribe, and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.

Flaws: I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them. I have certain rituals that I must follow every day. I can never break them. I assume the worst in people.

PROFICIENCIES & LANGUAGES

Armour: light armour

Weapons: simple weapons

Tools: None

Languages: Common, draconic, undercommon, infernal

Skills: Arcana, deception, insight, religion

Ability scores:

Strength: 14 modifier: +2
Dexterity: 16 modifier: +3
Constitution: 15 modifier: +2
Intelligence: 9 modifier: -1
Wisdom: 13 modifier: +1
Charisma: 11 modifier: 0

Equipment:

Backpack:

Bedroll
Messkit
(1) days worth of rations
Hempen rope (50 feet)
Tinderbox
Torch
Rope
Book
Common clothes

CLASS FEATURES:

/

Short Rest

RACIAL TRAITS

Draconic Ancestry: You gain a breath weapon and damage resistance with your chosen dragon type.

(Blue Dragon)

-Lightning Breath Weapon

Once per short rest as an action, exhale destructive energy based on your Draconic Ancestry. Each creature in the area must make a DC 11 saving throw (type determined by your ancestry), taking 2d6 ([6th] 3d6, [11th] 4d6, [16th] 5d6) on a failed save, and half damage on a successful one.

Blue Dragon

As an action once per short rest, exhale in a 5 by 30 ft. line (DEX DC 11, half damage on success) for 2d6 Lightning Damage [6th] 3d6, [11th] 4d6, [16th] 5d6

Breath Weapon (Blue): 1 Action

/

Short Rest

Damage Resistance: You have resistance to the damage type associated with your draconic ancestry.

Blue Dragon: Lightning Damage

CLASS TRAITS:

Proficiencies:

Arcana
Deception

Otherworldly Patron: You have struck a bargain with an otherworldly being.

The Fiend

Pact Magic:

You can cast known warlock spells using CHA as your spellcasting modifier (Spell DC 12, Spell Attack +4). You can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

Expanded Spell List: Additional spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.

Dark One's Blessing: When you reduce a hostile creature to 0 HP, you gain 4 temp HP.

Dark One's Blessing: (No Action)

Eldritch Invocations: You learn fragments of forbidden knowledge that imbue you with an abiding magical ability.

Repelling Blast: When you hit a creature with eldritch blast, you can push the creature up to 10 feet away from you in a straight line.

Agonizing Blast: When you cast eldritch blast, add +2 to the damage it deals on a hit.

Notes: this is definitely not a character to play with a good-aligned group lol