Chapter 30 - Big News

Sumedh's POV

Mallika looked at me. I was glad she had confided in me, even if it was not immediately. It made me realise how much she valued me and the relationship we had.

"Right, I'll be in the car waiting then. Come soon, Mallika." I spoke, pretending to not know anything that went down between the two of them. Mallika frowned, clearly upset that she had to go and talk to that idiot.

I nodded and blinked at her, making her understand that I will have her back if anything goes wrong with that Ayan. She breathed a sigh of relief and smiled before turning her back and going with Ayan. He could talk to her in public, away from people if the matter was so serious. Why is he taking her behind the building?

I frowned as my suspicions rose. I decided to go after Mallika, carefully hiding so Ayan would not be able to see me. Mallika caught my eye and beamed. She understood. And I guess she was happy that I cared enough for her to not let her be alone with that monster.

"Sumiiii!" A voice made me tear my eyes away from Mallika and Ayan.

"Fuck!" I cursed under my breath. Elina. Bloody Elina. Why God, why NOW?

"Elina, I don't have time to waste right now. Let me go!" I snapped.

"But Sumii, you'll give me a ride back home right?" she questioned. The nerves of this girl.

"No, I'm taking my girlfriend out. I suggest you find another ride home, or take the bus." I answered sternly. I was beginning to feel restless. Mallika was alone with Ayan. I hope everything is fine. He could not have changed but I just hope he doesn't try any cheap act again.

"But Sumi.." she started.

I ignored her and continued walking, trying to find Mallika and Ayan, having lost them due to this girl. I had wasted enough time with Elina. By now, hopefully they must be on their way back. I tried calling Mallika. No response.

I went behind the building and looked for them. Nowhere to be found. Mallika not picking up her phone. Something's definitely wrong.

I looked around and found stair going to the balcony of the first floor. I climbed the stairs and found a chain. It was Mallika's. I remember the crescent moon pendant she always wore around her neck. 

I ran upstairs. Two figures caught my eye. Ayan and Mallika. 

Mallika was clutching something to her chest and pointing a finger at Ayan. I immediately knew something was definitely wrong. 

I went closer and heard them speaking.

"AYANN! STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!!" Mallika shouted.

"Mallika..come on. See now you've quit your job too. You were the one telling me you won't date anyone at the office. So you're not at the office anymore. Leave Sumedh! I love you!" Ayan said, advancing towards Mallika. Enough is enough. How thick can he be?!

"How thick can you be, AYAN! I LOVE SUMEDH. AND I QUIT EXACTLY BECAUSE OF HOW YOU'RE BEHAVING RIGHT NOW." 

"Mallika calm down..don't be afraid, Elina is here for Sumedh." Ayan was now close to my Mallika.

I stormed towards him, dragged him by his elbow away from Mallika and punched him hard.

"Don't you understand when she said she loves me? And since you care about Elina so much, why don't you go after her instead? Besides, both of you are freaking made for each other. Hell bent on ruining people." I shouted in his face. He was still grabbing his jaw, where I punched him.