2

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Alchemy: the science of understanding, deconstructing, and reconstructing matter. However, it is not an all-powerful art. It is impossible to create something out of nothing. If one wishes to obtain something, something of equal value must be given. This is the law of equivalent exchange; the basis of all alchemy. In accordance with this law, there is a taboo among alchemists. Human transmutation is strictly forbidden. For what could equal the value of a human soul?

 For what could equal the value of a human soul?

" 'Cause we're not gods. We're humans. Tiny, insignificant humans... who couldn't even save a little girl."

-Edward Elric

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter Two:
Reunions
1916

Knocking on glass had snapped the blonde boy out of his thoughts, looking at the window to the right of him to see Sehun outside the train looking in through the slightly tinted windows. There wasn't much to pay attention to on the train that sat in the station and the absence of his brother made him incredibly bored as he ignored the other beings in the car. Due to this Jeonghan found himself thinking of home for a moment, a slight memory of a blonde-haired woman with tanned skin passing by before disappearing like it never crossed his mind until the ravenette showed up with his glasses gone unlike usual.
" Hey, " The man spoke outside the window in his blue military uniform, causing it to be a bit muffled while the glass was closed.
Jeonghan moved in the uncomfortable green chair to stand so his head could stick out the top window that he slid to the left to open so he could talk to the man on the platform while his blonde hair moved from the wind going into the station due to having an open wall where the trains left from, " Lieutenant Colonel?"
" The folks at Eastern Command Center were a little too busy to make it down here today." He spoke in a smooth voice as he gave a smile to Jeonghan, " So I came here to see you off instead."
The teen being spoken to's slightly deep voice turned from a questioning tone to monotone when he spoke while making glances behind himself, " Great but would you mind telling me..."
A man was sitting next to Jeonghan who he was stealing glances at, and his whole being screamed masculinity. He sat up straight, naturally flexed while his body seemed to twinkle in manly- little stars literally shined around him.
"...What's the Major doing here?" Jeonghan finished his sentence fully as the man in question sat proudly.
" For protection." Sehun spoke as if it was obvious, " What would happen if Scar came after you again? You're in no shape for a fight now, Jeong.."
Jeonghan grabbed onto the empty sleeve where his automail arm was supposed to be- now it sat empty, a reminder of what he and his brother had attempted a year or so ago and the battle with Scar that took place just the day before where he tried sacrificing himself for Joshua. He gripped the fabric of his red coat in agitation, he knew he couldn't fight without the arm but he couldn't stand not being able to. The man Scar was an Ishvalan, a race that was thought to have been wiped out from the Ishvalan war back when Jeonghan and Joshua were children.
A Military had official accidentally shot a child and it led to an uprising of the people who weren't exactly too keen on alchemy existing. Alchemists and soldiers fought and brought the race to an end- so the man's mission was to get back at the people who murdered his people and 'defied God', Alchemists. Though, Jeonghan couldn't exactly figure out why they needed to wipe out the other race, let alone find Scar's ideals moral.