─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Alchemy: the science of understanding, deconstructing, and reconstructing matter. However, it is not an all-powerful art. It is impossible to create something out of nothing. If one wishes to obtain something, something of equal value must be given. This is the law of equivalent exchange; the basis of all alchemy. In accordance with this law, there is a taboo among alchemists. Human transmutation is strictly forbidden. For what could equal the value of a human soul?

 For what could equal the value of a human soul?

" It's a terrible day for rain."

-Roy Mustang to Riza Hawkeye

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 7:
A bus to the after life and the train to life's beginnings
1916

" Your brothers are heading South today." Sehun stated while looking into his guest room. Apparently Mina had left hours ago while making the room tidy. Rei's side of the bed however was completely disheveled along with the woman. After 440 years you'd think a woman would learn a good sleep schedule. Not after binge drinking due to a soul in her missing ale desperately and her vision happening the night before. Her hair was a mess, the sheets over her head like a hood as her eyes barely opened to look at Sehun in the bright room. If she didn't remember the souls in her she would have thought heaven was finally calling for her. She doubted she'd make it there though based on association with Homunculus.

" Mhm... I'm not leaving with them... I'll get to their old teacher's house before they do." Rei stated, tiredly waving the male off as she attempt to go back to sleep.
" Oh no you don't!" The male called while trying to pull the blanket off of her, only she proved to be a worthy adversary in comparison to his daughter considering the woman's death grip and age difference on the blanket," You've left me with no choice."

Two things happened, the first was the sound of two pictures being taken and the second was a small child screaming while the sound of little feet came barreling into the room. A mass was thrown onto Rei, instantly causing a cry to come from her while she was kicked in the stomach as the child jumped all around her to wake her up.

" I'm up! I'm up!" Rei cried, sitting up and holding the child in her lap as she planned Sehun's murder. Well, she didn't have to plan it. Someone else had and it was coming soon. That thought made her look at Sehun, a frown coming to her face.
" What? Is something wrong? Did you see something?" Sehun questioned while letting his daughter run out of the room upon seeing tears in the woman's eyes.
" If... Impeding doom was coming to you... Soon... And I told you not to go to work... What would you do?" Rei's voice almost cracked. She grew to love Sehun. All his childish antics and his love for his family grew on her. So much so that she didn't want to leave his house anymore.
" I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Sehun questioned bluntly, his voice monotone as she gulped feeling some tears slip. That's all he needed for an answer as he came forward and hugged the woman while he made a morbid joke," For someone 440 years old, you'd think you'd be able to handle death..."
" Don't say that..." She was muffled into his blue uniform while a sob left her throat," If I just tell you the answer that will lead to it, can you not go? Can you not die if I do that?"
He thought about it for a moment before giving his honest answer," Life is full of mysteries. You get to know some of the mysteries beforehand but I like to experience them head on."
" But Siwoo and Chaeyoung... Taeyong and everyone else you know... You're willing to hurt them to experience that mystery?" She questioned, finding it admirable but she never wanted anyone to feel that heartbreak she felt time and time again.
" That's the price of life... Any tips though?" She thought about the question for a moment, pulling herself together while gulping," Don't go to payphones anytime soon... And when you discover it... Put it in a secret spot. Some place only someone you know would know to look or touch after you're gone... And... Don't be afraid."