─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Alchemy: the science of understanding, deconstructing, and reconstructing matter. However, it is not an all-powerful art. It is impossible to create something out of nothing. If one wishes to obtain something, something of equal value must be given. This is the law of equivalent exchange; the basis of all alchemy. In accordance with this law, there is a taboo among alchemists. Human transmutation is strictly forbidden. For what could equal the value of a human soul?

" You humans think greed is only about money and power

" You humans think greed is only about money and power. But don't forget: everybody wants something they don't have."

-Greed

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 9:
The Avaricious
1916

Sehun stood before Rei scribbling on a map. She knew exactly what he was doing, writing on the map to draw a circle before connecting the cities to show the transmutation circle to make philosopher stones.

He was rushed, not thinking properly seemingly but the moment she took a step forward to try and stop him from continuing Sehun whipped around to look at Rei.

His eyes were filled with terror as her hand reached out to him, what she hadn't expected though was her nails growing rapidly to pierce him in the shoulder.

A cry of pain left his lips before he shot his free hand out, Kunais being thrown at her as pain rippled through her head. She cried out in pain herself, grabbing her forehead where a kunai sat embedded in her skull for her to pull out.

When she opened her eyes again though Sehun had a phone in his hand and she had a gun in hers. She cocked it back involuntarily as Sehun turned around in shock, phone still in hand as she felt herself tearing up from their positions.

" I'm sorry." Was all that left her lips as the gunshot rang out.

Then she gasped awake.

Rei was in bed at the Byul's residence, clutching her bag that rested on her lap as she had to stop herself from crying.

She killed him. Both in her dream and indirectly. In this moment she wished she was with Taeyong. She wished she could go back in time and fix everything.

But instead all Rei could do was sit there panting from her nightmare as she waited for the boys to wake up.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════