Part 4

It's almost time. I say to myself as I wait behind a nearby tree watching Helen get into her car.

We're prepared. We spent the whole of yesterday thinking of every little detail and anything that could hinder the plan. The story is perfect at least. We can do this. I can do this if I just stay cautious and focused. I and Alex had discussed the situation.

"So you plan to record the conversation and hand it over to the police ? " he had said.

"I guess so "

" But...what if...the police are in on it too? Or what if someone informs them about this to the traffickers and they change locations? "

he had a good point. It may seem unlikely that the police are involved but we don't know that. If they are, they'll contact the traffickers and then know about me. I'll be targeted. Helen Parker is a very rich person. It'll be easy for her to bribe the police. Another thing we had thought of was anonymously posting that information on social media. Ruining her reputation and forcing the police to take the right action. But...this route had two holes. One was that people would regard it as just a hate post and if the police are involved, they'll just pretend to investigate and find nothing. Second, if the police aren't involved and they actually look into it, the traffickers may have already read the post and changed locations. That will be trouble. Right now, we must focus on getting the information from the maid. Shouldn't overthink things.

The car drives away leaving behind a cloud of dust. The time right now is 11:32. We got a lot of time. Alex is inside the house, making sure of things. There are two guards at the front gate. Big and muscular. I need to wait for Alex to come back so we can start.

He dramatically exits through the front gate and walks between the guards who are chatting. He looks at me and I motion for him to stop fooling around and come quick. He rolls his eyes and comes to me.

"Lighten up! It's ok. We got two hours " he says

"Easy for you to say, ghost boy " I whisper. We then move away from the front gate and carefully make our way towards the back wall barrier of the house. I look around and then open my bag, taking out the rope.

"Is there anyone on the other side? " I ask him

"Nope. Don't worry, you won't get noticed from this spot. The security cameras aren't in here either " he reassures.

I look around and then throw the rope over the wall. I pull it and the hock at the end attaches firmly. I've done rock climbing before so getting to the other side was a breeze. The garden is huge and gorgeous. Colorful flowers and lush green grass cover the earth. I wish I had my camera. This is so perfect!

"Hey! " Alex breaks my train of thoughts "let's go "

The house is a few steps away. As I walk towards it, my heart fills with anxiety. This is it. If I get caught, I'll be charged with trespassing. No...I won't give up, I've come this far.

Luckily, no one sees me and I reach the building and hide in its shadow. Alex had said that at this time, no one is outside. Everyone is busy. He calls my name and points to a window nearby. I'm so glad the laundry room is on the first floor!

Sneaking towards the window I look in. There she is! A blonde woman in her late 20s stuffing the washing machine with clothes.

I knock on the window. Enough for her to hear it and leaving the piece of paper, I hide behind a nearby bush. After a few seconds, the window is opened and she's looking out in confusion.

"Anyone here ? " she says in a soft voice. I hear her pick up the paper and read.

"Alex...? " she says looking around.