Part 1

Ignore it.

Its getting closer

Just ignore it.

But it gets even closer.

Act natural. Like you see nothing, I tell myself.

And then it passes right by me.

I take a deep breath. I didn't know I was holding it. There's another one but it's far away from me.

"Excuse me, your order ? " the cashier asks me.

"Hurry up! Your holding up the line " says the man behind me.

I quickly order a cheesecake with cappuccino and take the receipt. Then walking towards a table for 2, I wait. That was so tense. See, the thing is, I've been able to see ghosts for a long time. In the beginning, it was around when I was a kid, I started seeing these things. I was so scared and told my parents but they didn't believe me. I was quite the storyteller back then too. Now, I just don't care about them. Just a part of my normal life.

The cafe staff calls my name. I get my meal and sit back at my place. It feels nice coming here. I look out the window and watch as people go about their normal lives. The ghosts, wandering aimlessly.

How boring.

The sound of laughter grabs my attention. 4 teenage girls idly chatting and wasting their lives away. I recognize one of them. Eleanor, from my class. Adored by everyone .shes in a lot of clubs while I'm just in photography, the only member who bothers to show up. I find her quite annoying. They all look so ridiculous. I think she senses me looking and glances at me. I quickly look away. I prefer being alone over being a clown. The television here is showing a talkshow with Miss Helen parker as the guest. She's a new upcoming actress and Shes recently been getting a lot of fame due to her various charity donations. If it was anyone else, I'd say they wanted to show off but I think she's the real deal. She rarely makes appearances on talk shows and when she does, she doesn't brag about her generosity or fame. I suppose she's in my good books. I quickly finish my meal and take my leave.

It's starting to get dark. As I walk home, I take a few snaps with my camera along the way. Trees, flowers, sky, streets, cars, houses, etc anything beautiful that catches my eye. It's like capturing the moment. At the right time and from the perfect angle. The street in Autumn looks amazing. The mix of red, yellow, and orange is dazzling. It's my favorite time of the year. There are few people here and there. So are the ghosts. I used to have a hard time figuring out if a certain person is alive or a ghost. They all just seemed so similar.

As I'm walking, wrapped up in my thoughts, I see a guy standing near a tree a few steps away. He's staring up at the leaves, with hands deep in his jacket's pocket. At that moment, he looks picture perfect. Tall, dark messy hair and curious eyes. He looks like he's in a trance, deep in thought. The setting Sun's light graces him at the right angles. Alas, I couldn't help but want to try to capture this image. He notices someone staring at him and looks at me. Embarrassed, I just nervously wave my hand and say sorry. He looks around to see if I was talking to someone else. Feeling awkward, I turn and proceed my way. But he's coming towards me now. And then I watch as a woman with a stroller passes by and he goes right through her. That's when I realize I'd made a huge mistake. He keeps walking toward me, confusion on his face. I ignore him and keep walking. This is what I meant by not being able to tell the difference sometimes.

"Hey, wait! " he yells

But I pay him no heed. This is why I avoid them. As soon as they notice I could see them, they either won't leave me alone or want me to do something for them, which is quite a hassle. Plus what if some of them try to hurt me? As I keep regretting, he runs up in front of me.