Part 14

Opening the door to the second floor, I look around. This floor has a maroon carpet and the walls are covered with crimson-coloured wallpaper. There are three hallways. One to the front and the other two are left and right. The elevators are a few steps away from the stairs. I could see someone is in the elevator. There's no one near the emergency door. Good. Although there are people up ahead. I get in and close the door. Hopefully, he isn't coming here. Just in case I hide behind a giant flower pot.

The sound of his footsteps gets louder as he gets near the door. My heart beats fast with every step. When he stops right at the door, I go pale. No....please no...

"Calm down," Alex says as he stands nonchalantly next to the door. Ugh....he wouldn't be so careful free if he was still alive!

Thank goodness he walks away and I could hear the footsteps fading away. Finally! Now Onto the third floor. I get up and take a deep breath.

"Let's go!" says Alex. He just straight up goes through the door.

Just then I hear two men get out of a room. They're laughing over something and they sound drunk. I keep facing the door until they go towards a door in the right hallway and enter it. Phew! That was close

As soon as I touch the handle, I suddenly hear someone shout and flinch.

"Kim !?"

I freeze. I could feel my breathing starting to quicken and my heart racing like crazy. I hear the owner of the voice rush towards me.

Alex then pops his head in through the door to see why I'm not following. His eyes widen upon seeing the situation.

"Kim, your back? What are you doing?" The person asks.

Right, I'm Kim. The person who got out to get something. I gulp hard and turn around to face the person.

It's a guy, wearing glasses, in his 20s. He's dressed in a polo shirt and jeans. He looks young. Why would someone like him work here?

"Yeah...I just got back. And Ummm I.." I rack my brain for an excuse.

" Tell him you wanted to check if the door handle was broken," Alex says. I mentally facepalm myself. Are you an idiot!? As if I'd say something stupid.

"I was just closing the door! Yeah...the elevator was occupied soo..." I began to say. He squints his eyes and stares at me as if suspecting me.

Cold sweat forms on my forehead. Is it time to die now?

"Dude, what's wrong with your voice? Got a sore throat or something?" he says.

I'M SAFE!!!

"Oh, is it too obvious? I drank something real cold on the way here and before I knew it my thr- " I talk but then he just cuts me off.

"Anyways, guess what! Me and Jason found an old ouija board in an alleyway on our way here and we thought, why not!? It'll be fun!" he exclaims. Did...I misjudge his age? Maybe he's a kid whos just really tall...

"How childish" Alex smirks. Look whos talking...

"Right! So you guys are doing it now?" I need to get away before I get roped in.

"Yup. And your in too by the way" he says with a wink which sends shivers down my spine.

Suddenly a door in the hallway upfront opens and a buff man with broad shoulders enters the hallway yawning.

"Ben, why did you wake me up for something stupid," he says in a really masculine voice.

"Oh come ooon~ it's gonna be a blast! It's not like you guys have anything better to do at the moment" Ben says walking over to the other guy.