Part 3

Bright light slices the darkness as I slowly open my eyes. his ridiculous face is the first thing is see.

"Yo," he says

I simply turn away.

"Hey "

"Quiet..." I say

"Aren't you forgetting something? " he says. He sure is impatient. I get up and rub my eyes

"Well, I did think about it and...I guess I'll do it. If it could save more lives, then yes "I say, honestly.

He snickers "Yeah that's good to hear but that wasn't what I meant " he points towards the clock. My eyes widen as I realize I'm getting late.

"I'm late!!! Why didn't you wake me!? " I say as I run towards the bathroom.

"Nah, I thought since you couldn't get any sleep the day before yesterday, I'll let you sleep in " he mischievously says. Jerk

At school, I take out my notebook and think of a plan. First of all, we need info. Till now we only know that Miss Helen Parker is involved in human trafficking. That's it. maybe someone in her house knows something? But if they did wouldn't they suffer the same fate as Alex? No wait...Alex wanted to expose this secret and was caught. What if someone there knows about it and is keeping it hidden.

"Lisa! " I hear my name being called and I quickly close the notebook. It's the new girl, Madeline. She transferred here last week. She sits next to me so she talks to me sometimes.

"Yes? "

"You ok ? " she asks with concern. She's the bubbly type. But she is soft-spoken and caring too.

"Yup. What were you saying? "

"I was asking if you're excited for tomorrow"

"what's tomorrow? "

He looks baffled " you don't remember!? It's Miss Helen's debut on that 12 o'clock talking show! I cant wait to see her, she's such a generous and vibrant person! Get this, I heard she's getting an offer for another serial. She totally deserves it! "

"Oh...yeah, I think so too " as if. I used to think like Madeline about Helen. A fan. But now...the truth has been revealed. She is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

"By the way, if someone told you that Helen is actually a ' bad person ' what would you do then? "

"Pfft! Nothing because it'll be a lie. There's no way a person like her would be bad. She gives charity, is a good person, is very kind to her fans and she doesn't show off or boast about her wealth or accomplishments like others " That all is so true. It's hard to believe a person like that would do such a thing. I guess that's what you'd call a double-faced person.

"Anyways, I'm going to the cafeteria. Wanna come? " Madeline asks. I simply refuse to which she shrugs and walks away.

" How nice! Your making friends. Should have taken that offer though "I flinch as I hear him say.

I glare at him " don't scare me like that! And I was NOT making friends "

"Yeah yeah whatever," he says and sits on top of my table.

"Anyways, where have you been? You weren't with me on the way to school " I ask but he keeps quiet. He looks straight ahead. From the corner of my eye, I spot a girl in a tattered school uniform. Definitely a ghost. She sees him looks at her and then proceeds out of the classroom.

"Be aware of your surroundings. She wouldn't leave you if she noticed " he smirks

I roll my eyes "Just answer the question "

"I was at Miss Helen's house. I go there sometimes to get leads. No luck though. All everyone was talking about was the upcoming show and preparations blah blah"

"Yes, I heard about it too. I do have a plan but it's risky," I say

He looks interested "Great let's hear it "

"First of all, how were you with the other staff of the house "

He thinks for a bit "I was good actually. Especially with the maid Rebecka. She's the oldest of everyone there. She's been working in that house for 7 or 8 years. I was like a little brother to her. "

"That's good. Since she's been working there for so long, she must know SOMETHING. what was her reaction to your death"

He just laughs "No one knows about my death. I'm being treated like a missing person. Although, she was in distress when she learned about me missing. It was..sad to watch. "

A missing person huh? But somethings odd...if he's being treated like a missing person, why aren't the police looking for him?

"So...anyways, we know that Miss Helen won't be home at 12:00, so whatever we gotta do, we should do it at that time "I seem ok so far. But everything depends on one person

He blinks for a sec and the realization fills his eyes "So you plan to sneak in !? Cool. But, then what? "

I laugh "This may sound easy but don't know how it'll play out. About Rebecka. Can she be trusted? " I ask

"Well... I think so. She was closest to me so I think she'll help you if you got a good story in which I'm involved "he smirks

I see "You've been there, haven't you? You'll need to tell me about the easiest way to sneak in and get her to talk to us alone"

He gets off the table and bows dramatically "Your wish is my command "

I smile. He's slowly growing on me and I don't like it. I'm starting to see him as a friend. No. I shouldn't. Remember what happened before? It's useless, pointless, and of course, fake. Plus, I'm doing this so I can save those lives and also so he can leave me alone. Leave me alone...huh? Why does saying that feels...odd. I want him to go away, right?

I open my notebook and he starts informing me about the layouts of the house. I HAVE seen her house on TV but not the details. It's really big with a huge garden. The garden is surrounded by walls as barriers. Security cameras are located on the front gate and hidden cameras outside the house building. But luckily, Alex knows some blind spots. The maid, Rebecka has laundry duty at 12:00. The exact time when the show starts. the show will end at 1:00. We got two hours depending on the distance and time it'll take for her to reach home from the show. So far so good. Now I need to think of a story to tell her to make her spill the beans. It'll be fine right? There are still chances of getting caught. I clench my fists. Will I die if this plan fails?

"I'll be there with you so font stress on it ok" he reassures me as if reading my mind and giving me a warm smile. I agreed to help him so he'd leave. But now it's to save lives. Tomorrow, we do it.

"You have a club meeting today," he asks

"Yes and no. I'm the only one who actually comes to the club. I don't know why the others joined if they didn't wanna show up "another hassle. I take out my camera and start wiping its lens. It's really satisfying.

"Too bad. And here I thought you'll be able to make another friend " he shakes his head in fake disappointment

I roll my eyes " I already told you Madeline isn't my friend and I don't need any " I'd rather be lonely than be friends with ' snakes '. Life teaches you important lessons and you gotta keep them in your mind forever.

Alex blinks and points at himself "Dummy, I was talking about myself "

"You? Nah, hard pass " no way. After all, I want him gone. Hearing him say that makes me wanna barf.