Chapter 11

Snowpaw awoke in a lush forest, teeming with prey. Cats lounged on rocks sunning themselves, and chatting with each other.

Snowpaw jumped as a silver tabby padded up beside her. This she-cat had stars in her pelt.

I must be in StarClan! Snowpaw thought excitedly, Its my first dream as a medicine cat!

"Hello Snowpaw. Yes, this is StarClan. But you must come with me," the tabby said, leading her away from the other cats.

"How did you know my name? And what is your name?" Snowpaw asked curiously.

"My name is Silverstar. I was a former leader of StormClan, the leader before Cliffstar," the she-cat replied.

Silverstar led Snowpaw through the forest, and into a clearing. The clearing had a small waterfall, and a stream running along the clearing. On one side of the clearing was a small entrance to a cave. They walked through the entrance and into the cave. The cave was huge! When they entered the cave, Silverstar sat down and looked at Snowpaw.

"There once was a prophecy," Silverstar began, "This prophecy was given to Cliffstar long ago. The prophecy said, 'After the shift, there will be nine, each with a power that they must find.' Three cats in each clan have been born with powers. They will all meet at Three Stones, in a quarter of a moon, ok?"

"You mean I have a power?" Snowkit asked, confused.

"Yes, when you awake, walk over to the small pond in the medicine cat den, and lay next to it. Focus on your surroundings, and you will see your power. And don't tell anyone about this dream, just go to Three Stones in a quarter moons time," Silverstar mewed as she spoke to Snowpaw.

"But how will the other apprentices know to go to Three Stones?" Snowpaw asked curiously.

"They have each been told the prophecy, and where to go as well. But don't worry my dear Snowpaw, all will be revealed in time," Silverstar assured, as she touched her tail to Snowpaw's back, "You should go now, and discover your secret, ok?"

"Alright. Good bye Silverstar!"

"Good bye Snowpaw."

When Snowpaw closed her eyes, she found herself in her nest. Quietly, Snowpaw got up, careful not to disturb Sandtail, and padded into the clearing. The laid down next to the pond and followed Silverstar's instructions. She closed her eyes and focused on her surroundings. When she opened her eyes, she peered down at her paws, and was astonished to see that her fur had turn green, and not just any green. Her fur perfectly matched her surroundings.

Out of curiosity, she got up and walked in front of the little waterfall. Sure enough, a trickle of water poured down her side, yet she could feel no water. Snowpaw then decided that it would be best if she went back to being herself, and tried to decide how to do it.

She finally decided to concentrate on her white fur, in the hopes she could reverse her fur colors, just as she had got them. Luckily, her idea did work, and she figured it would be best to get some sleep. She padded back over to her nest, and fell asleep next to her mentor.