Chapter 1

"I'm going to get you!" Snowkit growled playfully.

She leaped onto Tigerkit just as he rolled away.

"Ha! Missed!" teased Tigerkit.

"My turn!" Sandkit wiggled his haunches and leaped into the air. Snowkit watched Sandkit and rolled over onto Tigerkit to avoid Sandkit as he hit the ground.

"Oops!" Snowkit laughed as she realized that she was lying ontop of Tigerkit with his muzzle in the dirt.
She jumped off of Tigerkit and padded over to her mother's side. Sandkit and Tigerkit soon joined her after playing a bit longer.

Before dusk fell, Snowkit padded into the clearing and headed to the medicine den. The smell of herbs filled the air as she walked into the stone cave.

"Sandtail? Are you here?" Snowkit asked, peering into the den. Sandtail padded around the corner to greet Snowkit.

"Well hello Snowkit! I'm glad you came to visit. Do you think you would be able to give me a paw?" Snowkit could hear a soft raspy cough from near the pool at the back of the den.

"I would love to help you!!" Snowkit replied excitedly,"What do you want me to do?"

"Well I could use some help organizing the herbs while I check on Mapleflower," Sandtail meowed, padding over to check on Mapleflower and give her some poppy seeds.

Snowkit happily hopped over to the shelves where Sandtail kept her herbs. She then began to sort the marigold, yarrow, horsetail and all of the other herbs into different piles, careful not to rip any of the leaves.

"Thank you for the help Snowkit, but its time you return to the nursery," Sandtail told the small white kit after a while

"Ok," Snowkit mewed with a small sigh. She actually liked helping Sandtail and was disappointed when she was told she had to go.

Snowkit walked past the ivy that surrounded the medicine den and leaped into the nursery. Tigerkit growled as he and Sandkit wrestled together across the nursery floor. Instead of joining in, Snowkit padded over to Icecloud's side and fell asleep to her steady heartbeat.