The Other Mother(1)

Start from the beginning

-Maybe they'd be best friends! Ruby's too shy to talk to new people, but I think that the two would click and be great together!- I mused to myself, happy that I got to meet such a wonderful child. Though it does irks me that I found her in a land that was considered as "uninhabitable", separated from any type of civilization by ocean.

Maybe her parents were some type of archeologists that brought her along for fun? Maybe that's it. Hopefully I would be able to find them, and if they did lose her in the Land of Darkness, hopefully they wouldn't tread any deeper and that they were still alive.

I would be saddened at the thought of a distraught Narcissa. The child just deserves a wonderful life at how sweet she's being.

Narcissa: "You smell like roses auntie Summer! And roses smell really good! Daisies too! Ooh! And poppies!" the little angel rambled as her chin rested on my cleavage, her heterochromatic eyes staring up to my silver orbs, her childish innocence practically shining in wonder.

"Aww~. You're really sweet, Narcissa." I tell her as I caressed her hair, the smoothness of it giving an odd feeling of satisfaction. Her parents might be rich, since she must use expensive hair products. Even her clothes look and feel to be made out of the highest quality.

Narcissa: "Hehehe. Why don't you call my Ri-ri! It's my pet name!" the little angel chirped and suggested, and is it normal for a person's heart to melt so much?!

"Sure! Then, Ri-ri, just call me Summer. No need to add auntie, it makes me feel old." I stated as though I liked being called 'auntie', it really did make me feel old, I'm still 30 you know.

Narcissa: "M~'kay! Summer. Summer. Summer. Hehehe." she repeatedly called out my name like a school girl finding out her crush's name for the first time, and it actually gave me a flashback.

¦Said flashback¦

A woman with unkempt yet still lustrous black hair drunkenly mentioned, "The name's Quill."

And after that, I thought about how the ground suddenly looked more interesting than the woman in front of me. My 17 year-old self embarrassed to show my flustered face.

"Quill. Quill. Quill. Hehehe."

¦Flashback: End¦

Shaking my head, trying my best to shove away my thoughts about a certain drunken ravenette, I focused on the angel in front of me as we neared my house where I had called Olivia to meet me. To give my reason why I aborted the mission.

I'm sure even her resting bitch face would falter at the presence of an angel. Yep. That woman maybe my teacher, but you couldn't deny how cruel it is for her to send children to fight against a witch as old as Remnant, give or take maybe a few thousand years old older, but still. And I'd like to see

I felt the bullhead slow down, and there I knew we reached my house. The bullhead came to a full stop moments later, then I felt it gently lower itself to the ground.

Pilot: "We have arrived Miss Rose" the pilot called out from the cockpit, and as I usually do, I replied in a chipper tone.

"Thanks Joe! Tell Mama Mia I said 'Hi!'!" cradling Narcissa in my arms into a princess cary, a fitting way to cary such an angel, I left the bullhead whilst Joe shooed me away.