Chapter 38

"Mr. Lee."

All the members stood up and hurriedly bowed to the man who entered the house without consent.

"Where's Donghyuck?"

"Haechan's in his room, sir."

Taeyong cleared his throat as he looked at his boss who furrowed his eyebrows together.

"You're all having fun here without my son?" He growled and all the members gulped nervously, lowering their heads.

"He went inside to talk with a friend, sir."

"Friend? Who?"

"H-Haerin sir."

With that, Lee Sooman smirked before patting Taeyong's shoulder who shivered under his touch.

Mr. Lee walked away, heading upstairs with two men following him as he readied himself for what might come.

He didn't plan on knocking on Haechan's door and immediately opened it, revealing the two hugging each other with a smile plastered on their faces.

Haerin widened her eyes at the sudden sound and pushed Haechan away making him stumble.

"Son, what are you doing here?"

Mr.Lee asked innocently as he tested his son's patience who looked like he was about to throw a fist.

"Shouldn't i be asking you that?" Haechan gritted his teeth.

Haerin gulped and her ears turned red from the embarrassment she felt as they were caught hugging by Haechan's father.

"Came to check on my son." He turned to Haerin with a smile. "And the girl."

"What exactly do you need?" Haechan glared at his father.

"Nothing. I just want to thank you miss?"

"Haerin, sir."

"Haerin, thank you for saving my son."

Mr. Lee smiled at the girl and Haerin didn't know why but she felt comfortable with Haechan's father.

"My pleasure, sir."

"Haerin, can we talk? Alone?"

Mr. Lee's smile never left his face as he looked intently on the girl who nodded without hesitation.

With that, He ordered his men to leave with Haechan.

Haechan hesitated at first but he knew his father won't do anything bad to her so he left.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 21 sir."

"Whole name?"

"Park Haerin."

"Do you know how to fight? I mean with fists and weapons?"

"N-no sir."

His smile left his lips as she said those. Haerin gulped at his sudden change of aura and averted her gaze on the window.

"Are you and my son together?"

"No sir! We're only friends."

"Last question." He stared at her. "Do you want to be in the gang?"

"I-i don't kn-"

"Yes or no?"

"Y-yes sir."

Mr.Lee smirked before walking around her, eyeing her from head to toe until finally meeting her eyes.

"That's good. You're good for my son."

"Sir?"

"I have something to say."

Haerin gulped nervously before nodding at the man indicating that he should continue on his words.

"My son is the best gift that i have ever received and I don't want him to fall in the hands of someone who doesn't have good deeds for him. Just like her."

He whispered the last part, placing both of his hands on her shoulders.

"You know that my son is hot-headed and sometimes an asshole." He chuckled.

"But you. You changed him. I've never seen him hug someone's like that. Specially from a girl."

Haerin stayed still, listening intently to Mr.Lee as he talked lovingly about his son.

"Look after Haechan. No matter what happens, stay with him. Forever if possible."

"Uh... s-"

"It's not a favor, rather a demand." He gave a fatherly smile on the girl.

"Bu-"

"Now Park Haerin, I wish you all the best."

With that, he left the girl on the room staring on the ground, still processing what just happened.

...