Chapter 26

"Come here." Haerin sat on the her bed slightly far from Haechan.

Haechan tried to sit up but his body didn't want to as the pain could be felt in his entire body.

Haerin noticed his pained expression so she quickly crawled near him and helped him to sit up.

"Stay still." Haerin demanded to which she received a scoff from the boy.

"No. Your treatment is more painful than my bruises."

"I won't do that again, i promise." Haerin knitted her eyebrows in annoyance at the childish boy.

Haechan kept his cool, the look on the girl's eyes making him smirk.

"You got bolder huh?" Haerin didn't answer as she gently pressed the cotton on his right cheek making him wince.

Haerin looked at his eyes before slowly pulling her hand back.

She gently pressed the cotton at the other bruise, careful not to hurt him more.

His eyes gazed at her dangerously close face that lingered with worry and concentration.

"Last one."

Haerin slowly leaned forward, their forehead almost touching as she gently wiped his lower lip with her thumb.

The sudden touch made Haechan wince and lean slightly forward, their foreheads touching each other.

They both felt the spark that emitted in their body as the nostalgic feeling lingered on the room. No one dared to move, their eyes looking at each other as if they're the only thing worth to look at.

Unknown to them both, the boy leaned slowly while  still looking at her eyes that was locked against his before averting it to her lips.

Their faces were dangerously close as the both felt each other's breath fanning against their faces.

With closed eyes and a loud beating heart, the sudden crash outside her room's window made them jolt and Haerin quickly backed away from him.

Haechan widened his eyes before cursing himself on what he was about to do while Haerin blushed in crimson red, staring at the window.

An awkward silence filled the room, no one dared to move as their shallow breaths were the only thing heard.

The nostalgic feeling was replaced by an awkward one and the room turned hot all of a sudden.

Multiple knocks on the door were heard making Haerin look up, her cheeks still deeply red before standing up to open her bedroom door.

"Hi Haerin! Dinner i- Haechan?" Jeno stood awkwardly at the door step, staring at his boss in confusion as to why he was with the girl.

Haerin noticed the bruises on Jeno's face and she quietly cursed at herself for forgetting about him.

"Oh my, you have bruises!"

"It's fine."

"Did you get your treatment already?"

"Yeah, Doyoung treated me."

The boy gave his cute eye smile at the girl and she sighed in relief, her heartbeat raced at the sight of his eye smile.

"That's good. What do you need?"

Haerin awkwardly laughed, not wanting to look back at Haechan who stared at the two as they talked at the doorstep.

"Oh, i was going to call you for dinner. Haechan too."

"Yeah, thanks." Haechan stood up and quickly went out of her room despite the throbbing pain on his head.

"What happened?"

Jeno stared at his disappearing friend's back before looking down to see Haerin who hung her head low.

"Nothing, uh.. let's eat?" Haerin nibbled her lip before smiling at Jeno as she quickly went downstairs.

Jeno thought that something might've happened between them that he just ruined a while ago.

"I'm jealous Haechan." Jeno smiled at himself before closing the girl's bedroom door gently, following Haerin.

...