49 | dreams always end

• [ d r e a m s   a l w a y s   e n d ] •

♥ louisa ♥

IT FELT AS if somebody had intricately tied a thousand paperweights to each of my eyelashes, weighing them down. A soft sigh escaped my lips as I forced my eyes open and blinked a couple of times. My hands were glued to my side as if I'd been frozen in my sleep, body completely exhausted whilst my head felt as if it was about to combust.

Only four walls which had been decorated at the bare minimal surrounded me. Turning my head weakly to the side, I pressed the alarm button that dangled from a bunch of other wires.

The shallow, slow breathes that I'd been taking quickened where I processed the fact that I made it out there alive.

After a few minutes, a young nurse with a beautiful smile walked into the room. "Hello Louisa, Dr Feldstein said you'd be up soon. Nod if you can here me, sweetie."

Her vale eyes moved to the computer screen which showed my diagnostics and she began making some notes, too busy to notice me move my head up and down.

The glasses balanced on her nose seemed to magnify her pupils and make them look inhumanely large. "Oh dear, that was stupid of me, wasn't it? I should probably have been watching. Silly Manvi. 6 years on the job and you would have thought I've learnt."

My eyes shone brightly causing her mouth to slip open and reveal a cute pearly beam.

"I'll take that as a huge 'I can hear you, Manvi.' I'm Manvi, by the way. I'll be your nurse for the morning shifts," she introduced, a bubbly personality breaking through. "I've been told that I'm quite a chatterbox so just tell me to be quiet if I start talking too much."

I opened my mouth, the sound of my voice coming out raspy and sore. "I don't mind. You seem sweet."

"That's a first," Her eyebrows rose in surprise as she muttered under her breath.

Manvi smiles warmly, "How kind of you, Louisa. I take it you're feeling okay? Well, as best as you can given your circumstance. The doctor will be here soon to run some tests but I suppose you'd appreciate a familiar face."

Eyes flickering between being open and shut, I nodded.

"Your boyfriend's been desperately waiting to see you as well as your parents. I'm kind of jealous, sweetie. Men like that weren't around a couple of years ago when I was your age. You both do make a beautiful couple though. Very gorgeous."

A lump formed in my throat as I looked at her in shock. "Logan's here? I thought he'd have-"

To be honest, I didn't have a clue what I thought. The last thing I imagined was for him to come here.

"Logan? Who's Logan?" the Nurse questioned with her eyebrows furrowed. "I'm certain he told me his name was Gabriel. Are you not together? I just assumed he was your boyfriend. He's been so stressed out."

"Logan's nobody. Just- Can you send Gabriel in please?"

"Oh. Do you not want to see your parents first? Edward and Gayane Darling."

A tight lip expression framed my face. Most definitely not.

"I'm sure. Gabriel please."

Giving me an odd but kind look, she nodded and left the room. "As you wish, sweetie."

With that, she ambled out of the room and a few moments later, a tall brunet waltzed in wearing black sweatpants and a t-shirt. He looked like he hadn't got a single wink of sleep. One of Gabriel's eye was still black and swollen from the stabbing yet they still flooded with life when they landed upon me.