18 | a bad day

• [ a   b a d   d a y ] •

♥ gabriel ♥

"SORRY TO BE a bother but what's the Wi-Fi password here?"

"DBJHospitals. The D, B, J and H in capitals, sir." The receptionist looked bored out of her mind.

"Wait, are you sure?"

"Yes, sir," the brunette said monotonously, still staring at the computer screen in front of her. She was clad in a special uniform that all staff at the private hospital had to wear.

"Ah, in which case I must have been right."

There was a pause as she broke away from the screen to lock eyes with me. "That bloody connection, I just felt. It must have been with you."

Her eyes lit up as she greedily looked at me for the first time, her eyes wandering across up and down my black suit.

Google could gladly take the credit for that one.

She quickly pulled a tissue from the box on her desk and blew her nose loudly, intentionally flashing her lack of a wedding ring.

My eyes darted to the hospital door. It wasn't too late to run away.

What the hell, come on Gabe. Get your act together. You need to do this.

The woman in her late thirties bit her lip, before crossing her legs so that her skirt rose. She paused for a moment in internal debate before her eyes darted sideways to ensure nobody could hear. "Well, maybe we could explore that connection in an hour when my shifts up?"

It was currently 18.20 so I presumed her shift finished at 19.20

"I can't wait," I continued with a seductive wink. "One thing though," I added in the most casual voice I could muster, resting my hands on the receptionist's desk. "I need a favour. Just a little sneak peek at some records."

I held my breath. This was either going to go incredibly well or I'd be kicked by the bloody arse out of this place.

Because I knew what I was asking for was most definitely not casual and certainly illegal.

To my surprise, she batted her eyelashes at my light eyes and laughed. "Ah, well I'm sure I can let that happen if you keep me busy in the meantime." Her eyes dropped to my trousers as my eyes widened infinitesimally.

It's for the greater good, dude. Think big.

Then think bigger.

"Challenge accepted. Come meet me in the cafeteria once you're done." After sending her a flirtatious wink to disguise a grimace, I spun in my heel and tried to find where this damn cafeteria would be.

What was the point of a hospital if it looked all fancy and expensive but lacked a single sign to find your way around?

This hospital was extremely specialised with a vast number of wards. In reality, most of these could be merged judging by the fact many 6 bed wards only had a single patient.

I figured I may as well start digging at the hospital closest to me. It was probably going to be impossible to find anything helpful but it was worth a shot. Maybe I was taking the therapists advice to 'find out what happened' a little too literally, but I was serious about sorting myself out.

I muttered a curse as I somehow ended up in the birth centre.

Exactly the look you were going for, Gabe. The next star of Teen Parents.

Just as I was about to leave and find some damn food, my gaze fell upon a familiar pair of baby blue eyes.

I contemplated whether I should run the heck away before I ended up getting attacked by yet another female, but I quickly remembered that Lexi had been bribed by Logan to seduce me.