𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟏.𝟓

Start from the beginning

His mother continued weakly, "I've missed you so much." Her voice grew wispy as she gasped out, "I love--"

She suddenly relaxed in his arms, her hand falling from his cheek to rest limply at her side as her head lolled to the side. Her eyes were glassy with the telltale sign of death. Anakin inhaled sharply as he gazed down at his dead mother, and he tightened his arms around her, drawing her to him as he sobbed into her hair.

She was dead. He had failed to save her. She was gone because he hadn't be strong enough-- hadn't been powerful enough-- to keep her alive. He was useless, helpless, a failure.

He drew away from her and swept his hand along her eyes, closing them for her final rest.

Anakin became deathly still as he heard the sounds of Tusken Raiders speaking in their native language from just outside the hut. A murderous rage fell over him, and he set his mother gently on the ground as he rose to his feet.

The Force clung to him like a dark cloud.

He would kill them, the Tusken Raiders. He would kill them all for what they had done to his mother. Anakin gripped his lightsaber in his hand as he strode towards the hut's entrance. As he emerged into the cool night air, he was greeted with the hideous sight of the two Tusken guards.

His face twisted with hate at the monstrous sight of them, and he ignited his lightsaber. The two Tusken guards turned towards him with matching looks of shock on their repulsive faces, and Anakin cut them down like they were nothing but slabs of meat for the butcher.

Anakin's outrage and hate-- his absolute hate for the hideous, monstrous Tusken Raiders-- swallowed him whole as he fell into the black, yawning pit of his emotions. He wore his hatred and anger like an armor, anything to keep from feeling the despair and helplessness he felt at his inability to save his mother.

Face twisting with rage, Anakin yanked his lightsaber out from the Tusken Guard as cries of alarm and fear rose all around him from the camp. His lightsaber illuminated his face in its blue glow as he swung at the nearest Tusken Raider, slaughtering it, slaughtering them all like they deserved.

The Tuskens deserved to be slaughtered after they had murdered his mother.

Anakin raged and raged with each swing of his lightsaber illuminated in the dark night, his vision a searing red as he slashed and cut and stabbed every single Tusken Raider he came across, killing them like the animals, like the monsters, they were. 

And when he was done, surrounded by nothing but steaming, bloodied bodies, Anakin collapsed to his knees with a shout of rage and despair, his heart twisting with a raw pain he'd never felt before. He felt as if he was being burned from the inside out, like he was drowning in anger and torment, gasping for air.

It was pain at the loss of his mother and, as he looked around at the brutally slaughtered Tuskens around him, he realized, at his blatant betrayal of the Jedi Code.

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

From across the galaxy in the Council chambers in Coruscant, Master Yoda suddenly clutched a hand to heart, his face setting into a wince. Master Windu regarded Master Yoda with concern as he asked, "Are you alright, Master Yoda?"

Then, upon sensing Master Yoda was fine, Mace Windu asked quietly, "What is it?"

Master Yoda looked up at Master Windu with solemn, heart-wrenching eyes as he rasped, "Pain, suffering, death I feel. Something terrible has happened. Skywalker is in pain. Terrible pain."