17

After practice, I bathed Leonidas and took him back to the stables. I expected to see Tanned but there was no sight of him so I took it upon myself to bathe Maximus and feed the both of them before I made my way back to the hotel to get ready for the benefit that night.

Upon arriving to the hotel I was greeted by Mr. Harper's big smile.

"Glad to have you back Ms. Stacy, your cousin came by earlier with your outfit for tonight. And I must say it will look spectacular on you."

"Thank you Mr. harper, McDreamy needs to be bathed so please see to it that he does."

"He can be bathed tomorrow ma'am after the ben-"

"See to it that you bathe him tonight before I get back from my benefit Mr. Harper, I don't want my baby to smell while he's in bed with me." I interrupted.

"Of course Ms. Stacy. I'll have one of the bellhop boys bathe him."

"No Mr. Harper I want you to bathe him." I headed him the leash as I began to walk away. "If you take part in the smack talk that goes around this hotel amongst the employees I expect you to keep shut and service the bi*ch while she's in town don't you think Mr. Harper?" I turned to see the surprise in his face while the elevator doors closed to take me back to my room.

When I entered my room I saw that my room had been cleaned and spotless. I walked over and flopped onto my bed when Jasmine came in.

"I assume your date with McDreamy went well?"

"What makes you say that."

"Because it looks like you have a piece of paper in your boot with hand writing that isn't yours."

I sat up and looked at my boot to see a piece of paper poking out. Figuring out how it got there, I took the piece of paper out and read it out loud so Jasmine could know what it said.

Stacy, you are by far the most prettiest girl I've laid eyes on. Don't worry about the other girls, they don't catch my attention like you do. -Tanner

"Well well, isn't he full of surprises. Start getting ready Stacy, you know Arthur will eat you up if your late to the benefit."

"Wait today I was late to practice and Arthur didn't even lecture me." Jasmine gave me a surprised look as if she couldn't understand the words coming out of my mouth. "Yeah that was my same reaction."

"Well maybe he had a fight with his wife or something and he wasn't  in the mood to argue?"

"I suppose that explains it but oh well, I guess I will find out tonight." I got up and went to go shower and get ready for yet another benefit.

I looked at myself in the mirror and kept overlooking the dress that Jasmine had chosen for me. Blue wasn't a color I was fond of but it agreed with my skin tone and I want a fan of the open back or the slit going you to my hip.  Jasmine called my name letting me know it was time to leave.

The benefit was 30 minutes away from the hotel, but it only took 10 minutes with Jasmine's driving. Once we got there some valet boys helped us out, God knows we needed the help, and Arthur had escorts take us up to the benefit.

Big John wasn't a man who was modest when it came to things, especially parties. The moment we walked in, Jasmine and I were blinded by all the sparkling lights they seemed to come from every direction. When people turned to face me they started making their way to speak to me. Arthur was nowhere in sight, which made me worry for him.

After countless handshakes and many compliments, Jamsine and I were able to find a table and finally get some food in our stomachs. As we were eatting Big John came on stage and welcomed everyone.

"Welcome all to one of many of my annual benifits! This evening this benefit is not only to raise money for retired bull riders but it is also to honor our guest of the month, Me. Stacy!"

Upon saying my name, a big spot light was cast onto me and a roar of applause erupted from the crowd. I waved to the people and smiled like Arthur taught me to. After other acknowledgments, music began to play for people to dance and there was still no sight of Arthur. It was no surprise when Jasmine was asked for a dance seconds after music started playing. I was secretly reading a book under the table when a hand appeared in front of me, an invitation for a long waited dance.