"It's Over?"

"David, David the turn... David! David relax! RELAX!!" Natalie screamed as David drove around the track.

They were now back in the United States for American Grand Prix and David had kept his promise of taking Natalie around a track, much to Natalie's initial delight.

Now however, she was not so happy about her decision. She screamed as David took some of the turns at speeds she wouldn't even dream of; she shook every time David drove onto the curbs of the track.

GoPros were strapped inside and outside of the car, capturing Natalie's fear/anxiety, as well as David's laughter.
Formula One's PR team had found out about David's promise to Natalie and decided to make it into a whole big thing so they could make a video for their YouTube channel.

Natalie screamed again as David drifted the Mercedes AMG through a corner.

After a while, David finally decided to stop torturing the poor girl and pulled into the pits. He turned the car off.
"You okay Nat?" He chuckled.
Natalie, breathing heavily, only responded by flipping him off, only causing David to laugh even harder.
After a while, Natalie finally recovered.
The camera crew from F1 approached Natalie's window. "So how was it?"

"It was both incredible and terrifying. That being said, I don't think I want to do that again for a while." Natalie said, getting out of the car.

The man laughed. "Well don't get too excited, we have a surprise for you. Well, more specifically, David and Haas do..."

Natalie turned to look at David.
"What else am I doing today?"
David pointed towards one of the open garages in the pits. "See for yourself."

Natalie looked into the garage and her knees instantly became weak.
A 2023 Haas Formula One car sat inside, the Haas mechanics were busy tweaking the car to get it ready.
One of them walked up and handed Natalie a Haas racing suit and a helmet her size.
Natalie looked at David.

"You can't be serious..."
"Completely. You said you wanted to see what it was like, so here you are. This track is one of the safest on the calendar, I'm sure you can handle it."

Natalie soon found herself in the racing suit and helmet, and strapped into the Formula One car. David was teaching her what to do at certain points and which buttons to avoid pressing; she didn't need all of them for just a trial.

"So, you ready?"
Natalie nodded, though her eyes betrayed her.
David leaned down and hugged her as best he could. "Hey come on, you'll be fine. Trust me it's really fun once you get the hang of it."

Natalie nodded.
"Is this your car?" she asked, wanting to have something to get her mind off of her nerves.
David shook his head. "No, this is Kevin's car from last year; but it is the one I drove when I filled in for him in Brazil.
You can't drive the ones from this year because we need them for the season and can't take any more chances with damaging them than necessary. We're not saying we don't trust you, it's just that we can't risk it."
Natalie nodded. "Don't worry, I understand."
David smiled. "Love you."
"I love you too."

Natalie yelped as a loud growl followed by a steady rumble filled the car, not realizing that while she was talking to David, the Haas mechanics had moved in and initiated the startup procedure.

US Grand Prix Race Result:
1. Kevin Magnussen
2. David Dobrik
3. Charles Leclerc
...

____________________

David sighed as he crossed the line.
His first full season in Formula One was officially over.

Gary: "Good job David, that's P6, P6.
Solid race."

David: "It's over?"

Gary: "Yeah man, race is done!"

David: "Aww, I kinda wanna keep going!"

Gary: "Haha! Copy that mate."

______________________

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Race Result:
1. Max Verstappen
2. Charles Leclerc
3. Mick Schumacher
...
5. Kevin Magnussen
6. David Dobrik
...