Haas

The race in Austin went smoothly.
Lewis Hamilton won the race to complete a record equaling seventh world championship with three races to spare.
He was now level with the legendary Micheal Schumacher.

The group met with Gene Haas at the track the day after the race. Most of the team had gone already as the logistics of the sport did not allow them much relaxation time, but some stayed with the car so they could service and monitor it while David drove.

Gene led them to the garage where the car sat.
"This is the VF-20," he stated proudly.
"1.6 litre tourbocharged engine, producing close to 1000 horsepower. Not to mention she is not bad to look at."

David, Natalie, and Taylor admired the car. It looked so beautiful and so fragile, that David was scared to drive it. He didn't want to make a mistake and ruin it.

"So, you ready?" Gene smiled at him.
David laughed nervously.
"I guess so..."

David was sent to a changing room, where he put on a fireproof suit and mask. He was handed a helmet as he walked out.
Soon, they got him into the car, started it, and out onto the track.

David was amazed.
The instant acceleration and speed of the car gave him an immediate adrenaline rush. He started down the straight and towards the first turn.
He was warned about the brakes...
'Here goes...'

It hit him like a truck...
David was not prepared for the sheer brutality of the breaks of an F1 car. His head immediately ducked into the cockpit of the car as he pulled close to 5 g.
It felt like someone had placed a hundred pound weight on it.
David finally lifted his head just enough to where he could make the first turn. He was only given three laps in the car and he wanted to make the most of it.
On the last lap, he really went for it; gunning the engine and going as fast as he possibly could.

Natalie, who was watching her best friend with Gene from the sidelines, noticed one of the mechanics show him what looked to be a stopwatch; to which his eyebrows rose.
Natalie didn't say anything.

Gene and the mechanics were there to meet David as he completed his last lap in the car and got back to the garage.
They helped David out of the restraints and out of the car.

"So David, how was it?"
David could only stare at him.

"I— I don't even have the words...
it was incredible."

_______________________________

I know this chapter is short and I know the story seems kind of bland but trust me, it'll pick up.

I have most of the important chapters already written so I just have to write the beginning ones, which are not that exciting.

Trust me, it gets better.
Pls give opinions or ideas if you have any. :)