End of Season

David, Natalie, Jeff, and Taylor stared in awe at the view of Abu Dhabi from the SUV. They were on their way to their hotel from the airport.

"David..." Jeff started.
"...yeah?"
"How did we get here man? Like, how did this happen?"
"Dude, right now, I don't even remember."

They were met at the hotel by people from the Haas team.
David was almost immediately ushered to an interview, while Natalie, Jeff, and Taylor were given their room keys, as they had already been checked in by the team staff.
After David had gotten back, they went out to enjoy the sights.

It was only a few days that they were going to be in Abu Dhabi, so they wanted to make the most of it. The night before the race, they decided that they wanted to stay in the hotel, so they went out to eat at one of the hotels many restaurants.

David struggled with his tie as Jeff came out of the bathroom. He was sharing a room with Jeff, while Natalie and Taylor shared the connecting room beside theirs.

"I'm gonna go check to see if the girls are ready okay?"
David just nodded absentmindedly, still trying to fix his tie. Normally, he would have help from Natalie or Taylor, but he didn't want to bother them at the moment.

*Ding*
David looked down at his phone. It was a text from Natalie.

Hey Dave, I'm at the restaurant. Where are you guys?

David frowned in confusion. Didn't Jeff say he was going to check on the girls?

He got up and went to the door connecting his and the girls room. He opened the door and stepped inside; he froze.

Jeff was sitting at the foot of Taylor's bed, Taylor herself was on his lap, straddling him. They were making out.
Jeff was too focused on Taylor to notice the door open.
*Ahem*
Taylor immediately scrambled off of Jeff, who himself shot up and started adjusting his tie.
"Oh uh, hey Dave," Jeff started. "H- how much did you see?"

"Enough."

Taylor sighed. "Listen David, I know you told me I can't mess around with any of your friends but it's not like that. Me and Jeff really like each other and—"
David raised his hand to silence her. "Taylor, it's fine. I don't mind your relationship, in fact, I am happy for you."
Taylor looked up. "Really?"
David nodded. "Yeah, just do me a favor and be quick about it so you can get to the restaurant before me and Nat order."

David laughed at Jeff and Taylor's embarrassed protests as he let himself out of the hotel room before sending a text to Natalie that he was on his way down.

______________

"Hey! Where's Jeff and Taylor?" Natalie asked as David took a seat next to her.
"They're going to be a little late."
Natalie caught David's look, and her eyes widened.
"No! Are they...?"

David shook his head. "Nope. I just walked in on them making out. They were going to fix themselves up before—"
"Hey, nice of you two to join us!" Natalie chirped as Jeff and Taylor approached their table.
"Shut up," Jeff muttered, picking up a menu.
"We know David told you."
"Oh come on, don't be mad! I'm happy for you guys, really!"
Jeff and Taylor glanced at each other, both cracking a smile.
"Thanks Nat."

______________

"Charles Leclerc has had a fantastic race tonight, he comes across the line to take third place and enough points to win the championship! Charles Leclerc, champion of the world!"

The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was full of action packed moments with cars fighting for position.
Ultimately, the championship was settled with Charles finishing third, and Max Verstappen, fourth.

Soon, the celebrations were mostly over and people started to mingle amongst themselves.

Natalie tackled Charles as he made his way over to them.
"Great job Charles! Sono così orgoglioso di te! Bravissimo!"

David looked a little bit shocked at Natalie's use of the Italian language.
"Thank you Natalie, your Italian is getting much better, good job! I'm proud of you too."

"He's teaching you Italian?" David inquired."
"Yeah, I asked him to teach me a few words or phrases here and there but I'm mostly learning from an app on my phone."

'Why hasn't she ever asked me to teach her Slovak? What is it about Charles that makes him so special?'

David could only manage a weak smile.
Right now, he just wanted to go home; as far away from Charles as possible.

I'm sorry if these chapters were trash, they were mostly just fillers