Norris, Hamilton, and Leclerc

Note: the proper pronunciation of Charles Leclerc is "Sharl Leclare"
______________________________

Natalie could not stop smiling and it was starting to make David a little worried.
How could anyone smile for so long?

She had been giddy the entire plane ride to Austin, and the entire car ride to the hotel.

If David was being honest, it was also starting to somewhat scare him.

_____________

After a couple of days of doing nothing, Friday finally rolled around and the group were given VIP access to the areas behind the pits or "paddock."
This is where the team's trailers and other temporary buildings are located.

It was the first of an average race weekend in the Formula One "circus" as it is commonly referred to.
Two practice sessions on Friday, and another on Saturday, being almost immediately followed by qualifying, and then the race itself on Sunday.

The group, more than once, had to jump out of the way of engineers, mechanics, and reporters as they ran back and forth, trying to complete their respective tasks.

The first qualifying session was only a couple of hours away, giving the group ample time to meet some of the drivers.

The paddock beside Haas's belonged to McLaren.
A group of kids were surrounding a young driver, who was making sure to take pictures and give autographs to every one of them. A few of them recognized David and swarmed him as well.
The McLaren driver noticed and laughed.
As the group of kids left, he introduced himself.

"David Dobrik?"
David nodded, shaking the young man's hand.
"Yeah, that's me. How did you know?"
"I saw you in the NASCAR race mate. Hell, the whole internet saw that," he laughed.

The young driver had a childlike face and spoke in a very shy manner.
"I'm Lando... Norris!" He quickly added.
"Norris."

"So are you hear for the weekend? I presume Haas flew you over, yeah?"
David nodded. "Yeah, we did."
Lando smiled. "They're a good team, Haas. They have a fast car this year."

The McLaren driver gave a shy laugh as another group of kids started to approach.
"Well, it was nice meeting you David, but it looks like I am about to be very busy."
"Likewise."

The group decided to explore behind the Paddocks a little.
They walked for about and hour, before starting to head back.
Out of nowhere, Natalie grabbed David's arm.
"Oh my God! Oh my God it's him!"
"Who?"
"Lewis Hamilton!" Natalie answered excitedly.
David was still confused. "Who's Lewis Hamilton?"

Natalie gawked at him. "David are you serious?! He's the first black F1 driver, he's already won like seven championships, and he donates to a ton of environmental protection charities.
Plus he has his own clothing line with Tommy Hilfiger.
Your own ex-girlfriend and I follow him on Instagram. Liza actually met him and posted about it, how do you NOT know who he is?!"
Natalie was already pulling him towards the man, clearly excited to meet him.

David held up his hands. "Hey, I don't pay close attention to Liza's social media, how am I supposed to know?"
Natalie only sighed.
"Whatever, just come on!"

David wasn't moving as fast as Natalie would have liked, so she dropped his arm and strode over to Hamilton. David and Taylor followed at a more relaxed pace.

By the time they got there, Natalie had already gotten him to autograph the Mercedes hat she was wearing, and was having a a full blown conversation with him.

Natalie got excited as they approached.
"By the way, can I get a picture with you?"
The Mercedes driver smiled.
"Of course."
Natalie handed her phone to Taylor, who took the photo as she posed with Lewis.