Charlotte

David was looking through the designs his fans had sent in. He could not believe how good some of them were, he wished he could choose more than just one.

Finally, he had to settle on a simple white design with a few different references to his vlogs and partner logos on it. He submitted it through his personal email, telling the NASCAR representative to talk about the design only with him. He wanted to keep it a secret so he could surprise Natalie with it.

He went to his phones camera and pressed record. "Hey guys, I just finished picking out the design I'm going to be using for the race I was taking about! I'm not gonna reveal it because it's a surprise. Tune in to FS1 on race day to watch, bye!"

He finished the recording and posted it to Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.

The front door was opened soon after, and all his friends poured in. He had forgotten that they were having a small get together that day.

His flight to North Carolina was next week; his race was in the next two weeks, so they were all spending time together beforehand.

Zane, Jeff, Jason, Heath, Todd, Ilya, Carly, Corinna, Erin, and Natalie were all going. Natalie and Jason were David's guests and the others had bought themselves tickets to go see the race. They were all excited.

                         ____________

Nothing much happened the rest of the week and soon, David, along with everyone else, found themselves running through the airport, trying to catch their flight.

They managed to get to their gate just in time, and soon settled themselves in for the roughly four hour flight.

"You excited?" Natalie asked as the plane took off. David smiled at her. "Yeah, I'm pumped. I've never done something like this before. You always liked this kind of stuff right?"

Natalie shrugged. "I mean yeah I guess. I have a few NASCAR shirts and I follow a few drivers on insta and twitter but it's not like I watch it regularly."

David nodded. "Yeah sure, I get it."

Natalie shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "Hey, wanna turn the row into a bed like we did last time? I'm kinda tired." David chuckled. "Yeah sure."

Because no one had taken the seats behind them, David and Natalie could put their own seats very far back without worrying about disturbing others. They spread blankets and mini pillows that they had brought in their carry-ons all over the seat and laid themselves on top of it. There wasn't that much room, so Natalie had to somewhat cuddle into David. He didn't mind. She was his best friend and they did this all the time.

He thought he saw Todd looking at them from across his row and the aisle, but he ignored it. Todd knew they did this, and besides, they were broken up.

Natalie's hair was in David's face, the smell of her vanilla shampoo calming him. He quickly fell asleep.

                         ____________

David groaned as he felt himself being shaken. "Mom not yet, I don't want to go to school today..." Natalie's sudden laughter quickly woke him up fully, and he finally opened his eyes.

Natalie had woken up and somehow managed to lift him off of her seat so she could sit on it, and prop his head on her shoulder, all without waking him.

David finally sat up straighter and turned to look at the stewardess shaking him. She had an amused expression on her face as well. "Sir, we are about to land at our destination, can you please put your seat fully upright?"