Chapter 10

Grace's POV

No no no... This can't be happening. I walk out of the classroom not thinking as to what I'm doing.

"Grace Simmons! Get back here now!" I heard the teacher yell but I ignored her. I need to go home. Yea that's it go home and then everything will be fine.

"Grace. Grace! Wait up!" I heard someone call behind me.

I turn to see who it was. I see AUSTIN! He starts running toward me. What.... Does.... He..... Want...?

My hands start to get sweaty. I can't breath.

"Grace where are you going?" Austin's angelic voice ran threw my ears.

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. Okay I think I've forgotten how to speak. And breathe. My heart was pounding a million miles a minute.

What's the big deal? It's just the hottest guy ever standing in front of you. The guy who you've had a crush on for almost four years now. Get a grip!

My eyes see something turn the corner. Shit! Jason!

"Let's go now and I'll explain later!" I say and start running for the exit. Even though I hate running I was pretty fast compared to Jason and his gang.

Austin and I made it outside and made it to Austin's car. We got in and he drove away. He drove to the nearby park.

He slowly turns to me and stares me in the eye. "Okay what hell was that about?"

Oh my gosh! I'm sitting in Austin's car. Austin is actually talking to me! Can I just have time freeze right here? This is perfect!

Wait.... Justin.

"Grace, what's going on?" He asked me again.

I open to speak but nothing comes out again. And then I think of Justin and not think about where I am at the moment.

"Well my life is hell. And I need to go home."

"I saw you stare at Justin as he was being loaded into the ambulance. Do you want to go see him?"

"But the hospital is to far from here it's at least a 30 minute drive. I couldn't ask you to do that." I said looking down.

"Let me take you. Please?" I sighed but nodded.

He turned on his radio. A song I didn't know was blaring through the car. It was a pretty good song. Too bad it ended. Nickelbacks song "This afternoon" started playing.

The lyrics blared through my ears but I loved it.

"We've got weeds in the backyard 4 feet tall
Cheech and Chong prob'ly woulda' smoked 'em all
So I'm out on the couch this afternoon

Beer bottles layin' on the kitchen floor
If we take 'em all back we can buy some more
So I doubt we'll go without this afternoon

You better hang on if you're taggin' along
Cause we'll be doin this 'till 6 in the mornin'
Nothin' wrong with goin' all night long
Tough to put the brakes on,
Doesn't matter when you'd rather

Get up, and go out
Me and all my friends
We drink up, We fall down
And then we do it all again
Just sittin around, hangin out this afternoon"

I started to sing along to the song. Yes even though I'm in love with the band Black Veil Brides, I do listen to other music. And Chad Kroeger is a pretty good singer. Not to mention he's hot!

Hot guys are amazing!! Hot guys... Austin... Justin....

Then I remembered who I'm with and where we are going. I'm with Austin who probably thinks I'm crazy now. And we are going to the hospital to go see Justin, who was beaten by Jason.